Monday, September 05, 2005

i love you i don't think you care

  • Summer is over. Today I'm completing the move back to my apartment.
    Muddy teeth not pictured.
    Last night, while packing, I found my travel toothbrush from Glastonbury and noticed the whole thing was covered in MUD - and instead of being disgusted I got all sentimental - 50 years from now I'll be telling my grandkids about the summer of 2005 when I did so many drugs at a music festival that I was brushing my teeth with dirt... Sigh. What a summer of memories.
  • Babyshambles are heading out on a UK tour at the end of the month! I hope it works out this time!
  • Art Brut tell the kids to “steer clear of crack, and steer clear of Pete Doherty, he’s a very bad man.” I still love them.
  • And speaking of, ART BRUT ARE COMING TO TORONTO! November 14th at Lee's Palace!
  • Check out this old picture of Brandon Flowers from last week's Holy Moly. They also had news on Robbie Williams getting a hand job and Ricky Wilson's alter-ego 'Heavy'.
  • Damien Hirst, who directed Blur's cheeky "Country House" video, recently bought himself a big house in the country. *cough* sell-out! *cough*
  • The Guardian has a fantastic interview with MIA! She talks about everything (even about being roommates with Justine Frischmann)!
  • Everyone still talking about Kanye West stating "Bush doesn't care about black people" on live TV.
  • Britney plans to share the birth of her first child with TV audiences... but it's for a good cause.
  • Alex Chilton (Big Star) is still listed among the missing in New Orleans but he was spotted at a bar on Wednesday. Phew.
  • Here's your chance to ask Ian Brown a question without having to worry about getting assaulted.
  • Take Your Medicine has a few tracks by Yeti available for download. As you may or may not know, Yeti is a band fronted John Hassall who used to play bass in the Libertines.
  • Go to Gorilla VS Bear for the new Metric single "Monster Hospital". I find it irritating.
  • OMG! Paris Hilton's boob popped out in Toronto and I missed it! ... Uh, nevermind.
  • On a completely unrelated note (to anything), I went to Canada's Largest Ribfest over the weekend. I'm proud to say I acquired my delicious half-rack from "Sticky Fingers" on account of them having the most rock'n'roll name.
  • Good luck to all the students out there getting ready to start or head back to college or university this week!
  • 11 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    that doesn't look anything like Brandon flowers, though if that is him, i prefer Sam endicott with dreadlocks any day. what do you think?

    10:56 AM  
    Blogger Rock Snob said...

    I think I'd still have to go with Brandon... white people should not do dreads - they just end up looking like hippies.

    12:51 PM  
    Anonymous creativepseudo said...

    That doesn't look like Brandon at all. Where is the straight hair? the lipgloss? or the PINK LEATHER JACKET??!?!?!? Oh, woe is me.

    1:36 PM  
    Anonymous Wayne said...

    He looks too buff to be Flowers.

    2:03 PM  
    Anonymous Thierry said...

    Nice to see that Art Brut is coming to Toronto - maybe now we'll get the album as a domestic release so I don't have to pay $20-plus for it.

    As for Yeti, John Hassall sounds like his old gig influenced him quite a bit - not a bad thing at all. Sounds a bit like early acoustic Oasis b-sides in spots, too.

    Can someone explain to me how Britney will manage showing her in labour yet have the show "tastefully done" and allow her to "keep her privacy"? I s'pose this means yes to wide-angle shots, but no to sticking a camera up her uterus? Remind to keep my tv turned off that day.

    4:56 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Britney is gone too far the deep end to ever make a comeback, unless she totally dissapears for a couple of years....that guy is so not brandon....look at the hair, brandn used to have straighter and darker hair when he had it long...those two do not look at all like the same person.

    6:33 PM  
    Blogger Rock Snob said...

    creativepseudo - Well they do say fame changes people.

    Wayne - Well Brandon has said repeatedly he was chubby in the past.

    Thierry - Britney's a lost cause. It's kinda sad really... And I better see you at that Art Brut show boy!

    Anonymous - Trust, there really is a resemblence to Brandon.

    10:05 PM  
    Blogger torr said...

    mirror is a deadlink.

    3:37 AM  
    Blogger kc said...

    I'm looking forward to hearing a lot of details about the Art Brut gig when you see them!!

    RE: Babyshambles tour, my friends & I are setting up a pool to guess how long it takes to cancel the tour! ;-)

    11:23 AM  
    Blogger Jason said...

    man, you went to Glastonbury? I envy you so much. I have a question I'd like to ask you. Which act did you like the most?

    I guess torr was tying to get in it too. So yea.
    Torr, try clicking "nevermind" X.X

    5:01 PM  
    Blogger Rock Snob said...

    Thanks Torr

    KC Good call on the pool! And you know I wont be able to keep my mouth shut before and after that Art Brut show ;)

    jason - What act did I like the most? Wow, thats tough. I was most excited about seeing Babyshambles but I think I enjoyed Ian Brown's set on the last night the most... on the other hand I thought The Killers put on the best performance. It was all sooo good... I can't wait to go back in 2007!

    6:20 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home