Thursday, November 24, 2005

you fucking love it

  • Razorlight and Futureheads cleaned up at the 2005 Muso Awards. Always nice to be recognized by one's peers.
  • Franz Ferdinand played a secret gig in Glasgow last night. Sigh. How much do I miss Glasgow...
  • Alan McGee says the Dirty Pretty Things album is already "a classic". I'm already awfully fond of the song title "You Fucking Love It".
  • I don't want Pete to leave Albion!!! Rumour is that he's moving to America with Kate Moss. Boo.
  • Jenny Lewis' solo album, Rabbit Fur Coat, has leaked!
  • Dodge, Gorrila VS Bear and Torr have already compiled their lists of the best albums of 2005! Keeners!
  • Nick and Jessica have split. Finally!
  • Canada's trying to ban 50 Cent from playing. I normally would strongly disgree with this kind of censorship but given the current circumstances in Toronto I think it might be for the best.
  • I didn't make it to Tabloid last night on account of the driving conditions. What happened?
  • Popjustice offers a few words on bullying.
  • I don't think I'll have time to update tomorrow so I'll just wish all the Yanks a very Happy Thanksgiving now! And everyone else - have a great weekend!
  • 11 Comments:

    Blogger Gilberto said...

    Hey is tabloid weekly? Monthly? Synched to the phases of the moon? I just never know and a certain DJ/stagecrasher is awful when updating peeps about this stuff.

    *hugs*

    G.

    11:43 AM  
    Blogger torr said...

    My top 11 of '05 is now up, enjoy!

    11:43 AM  
    Blogger Rock Snob said...

    G - Monthly I think. I totally forgot this month tho (with school and all). The website is http://www.myspace.com/_tabloid

    Torr - You have been acknowledged :)

    4:52 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pete can't leave England! That's just wrong... like, kangaroos live in Australia, Pete lives in England. Hopefully The Sun is just making things up again.

    -mary

    4:39 PM  
    Anonymous penguin said...

    Found at YANP: "daniel radcliffe (of harry potter fame) had a bit piece on him and his favorite bands right now are apparently WE ARE SCIENTISTS, stars, and the arcade fire."

    Miss Val, does it not make your eye twitch, your stomach regurgitate, your brain fobobble that Harry Potter is into mentionalbe bands? I even read he's into CYHSY, oh well - once he mentions Arctic Monkeys, the eye-twitching shall begin...

    11:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you fucking love it, the pirate and dead wood are the best songs by dirty pretty things.though i have to say i dont like the name of the band, their music is amazing.

    5:16 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have you ever been to this tawdry night? I'm considering going tonight and since you seem to know where the cool kids go I wonder if:

    a) you've ever been?
    b)are you going tonight?
    c)is it a good night?

    6:27 PM  
    Blogger alice said...

    Gah, Jenny Lewis is great. I didn't even know she had a solo album coming out. Whatever, I'm down with that because now I have it. 50 is kinda uncool, and Nick and Jessica should be disallowed from canada too. Or anywhere else.

    1:00 AM  
    Blogger Rock Snob said...

    Mary - My sentiments exactly.

    Penguin - Actually I think its kinda cool he likes good (Canadian) music... Hopefully it might encourage some of is younger fans to check it out!

    Anonymous - I'm so excited for the DPT album!

    Anonymous - I went to Tawdry a lot in the summer and it was grrreat - haven't gone out much at all in recent months :(

    Alice - Yeah, I'm really liking the Jenny Lewis solo album. I think she's genius!

    3:33 PM  
    Blogger Blush said...

    what are the circumstances in toronto??

    12:38 AM  
    Blogger Rock Snob said...

    Blush - There seems to have been an eruption of gang shootings in recent months. It came to a head last week when, at the church funeral for a young victim of a gang shooting, someone from the rival gang entered the church and SHOT and KILLED the young, sole witness of the initial murder. It's pretty messy.

    12:48 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home