Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I have the best Professor ever. Today she tried to teach English majors about semiotics by demonstrating, These are two chairs... Not a "CHAIR" and a "SNUFLU" ... She also taught us that French dogs do not say "Le Woof" ... University makes me laugh.
  • NME has more details on the Ian Curtis biopic.
  • Ultragrrrl gives Idlewild some much-deserved praise and encourages everyone to check out their new video for "Love Steals Us From Loneliness".
  • The Kaiser Cheifs new video for "Oh My God". Awesome.
  • Canoe reviews the Scissor Sisters recent live assault on Toronto.
  • The Osbournes have arranged a charity single to benefit Asian tsunami victims. The cover version of Eric Clapton's "Tears In Heaven" will include Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne, Elton John, Gwen Stefani, Pink, Velvet Revolver, Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, Rod Stewart, Andrea Bocelli and Robbie Williams. GAY.
  • Napolean Dynamite meets The Postal Service. (Thanks to Duarte for the link.)
  • Portishead have almost completed their new album after an 8 year hiatus.
  • I still love "Unconditional" by The Bravery so you should go download it from Scenestars.
  • Basement Jaxx are releasing a awesome collection of their singles! The tracklisting is killer! They are, without a doubt, the fucking best dance act around these days!
  • Newsweek takes on homoeroticism on The O.C. They even talk about "HoYay!" meaning "Homoeroticism Yay!" to describe awkward glances or sexually ambiguous dialogue between guys. Loves it.
  • The Gay Bomb... Still funny after all these days...
  • Oh and please don't use my cell phone number when calling for cabs in Toronto. I don't live there but if I ever do I'd like to be able to get a cab if need be. (And yes, I am mad about the cabbie calling my cell phone at 3am to tell me he has what he thinks is my cell phone.)
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home