Monday, December 12, 2005

all my trials

  • Stylus Magazine's Top 50 Singles of 2005. Pretty damn good list.
  • The Decemberists have signed to Capital Records.
  • Ian Brown walks offstage after being pelted by plastic bottles. But he returned and finished the set... What a trooper.
  • Arctic Monkeys announce tracklisting for their debut album 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'.
  • Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys keeps badmouthing Pete Doherty and The Libertines. I'm not impressed.
  • Check out Pete Doherty's sweet ride.
  • Kate Moss is the best dressed woman of 2005 according to a recent poll... I like Kate but were they polling CRACKHEADS by chance?
  • Scarlett Johanssen manipulates her breasts in painful-looking ways. Jaysus. Give em some space to breath!
  • I finally saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire over the weekend. I thought it was awesome but really scary!
  • This Candybar Doll Maker is hours of fun. Check me out.
  • I have my final exam tomorrow and my final paper due Wednesday. Then I'm back with a vengence on Thursday.
  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really hate the title of the Arctic Monkeys' album. It's really long, and kind of pretentious.

    But I love Pete's Vespa/moped/whatever!

    -mary

    3:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm not warmin' up to well to the Monkeys' album title either, but the tracklisting seems topnotch - I wish it had Scummy on there though...

    Ya know, I still haven't seen Harry Potter, but I DID see Narnia - that was highly entertaining...

    4:49 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i sort have got it bad for that harry potter kid--and this was especially enhanced after finding out he has such good taste in rock and roll--he's fine!

    good luck with yr studies---you're almost there!

    6:39 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Mary - If only Pete were as stylin as his wheels these days!

    Penguin - "Scummy" is on the album - in fact its the next single - its just called "When The Sun Goes Down" now... Oh and Narnia is next on my list ;)

    Don - Ahahah, you and me both! And thanks for the well wishes!

    8:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What exactly have the Arctic Monkeys achieved that the Libertines have not???

    The Libertines played for at least two years in obscurity before being signed. Arctic Monkeys would not have a deal if it wasnt for bands like the libertines.

    10:32 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    dear ms snob,

    join us other snobs in voting for best & worst videos of 2005 over at antville (plenty of your favourite bands nominated):

    best here, worst here.

    (plus: thumbs for the exam. failing= liberation!)

    ciao

    5:53 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home