Monday, October 02, 2006

this maid needs a maid

  • See Vous Play was awesome last night! I really enjoyed Les Brestfeeders and Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton (man, that girl's got issues)! You can check out live sets from all the acts on the CBC Radio 3 website.
  • Nuit Blanche was a massive success this weekend and despite me being a sleepy drunk after a delicious dinner at Lee I managed to witness a few of the events from up close (drunkenly walking into a random gallery) and afar (i.e. passing out on the cab ride to our next destination).
  • Yo what’s with all the damn school shootings? SCARY!
  • The Guardian lists the 20 best record stores in the UK.
  • Dirty Pretty Things played a show at an art gallery and Liam Gallagher turned up.
  • The Futureheads have cancelled their US tour cos their singer Barry has tendonitis.
  • Suck it Longoria!
  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger Mike D said...

    I'm glad to see Picadilly geting some serious praise. I wish there was a record store half as good here. The selection's ace; they staff are passionate about music but not in the least bit elist.

    And Lee for dinner—nice. It sounds like it was a classy evening. Out of curiosty what did you have?

    9:44 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Hey Mike! Gee, some memory you have! I've been to at least 5 of those 20 places and I can't remember a damn thing!

    As for dinner at Lee, I had the coconut/chili/lime/shrimp soup, singapore slaw (which was my favourite), a scallop dish, braised beef, four satay... oh and then a had a molten banana/chocolate thing for dessert. And then I died. Ahaha. I want to go back just thinking about it.

    9:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Bluetones have cancelled their U.S. and Canadian dates (see the official website). *sniff* I'll have to wait longer to hear "Slight Return" live...

    10:03 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thierry - Wow thats depressing. But thanks for the news all the same BIRTHDAY BOY!!!

    4:58 PM  
    Anonymous Rubymod said...

    Hi thanks for postingg this

    8:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home