Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Wow. The only thing worse than going back to work on a Monday is going back to work on a Tuesday after a long weekend. Especially after a wonderful weekend like the one I had. Thanks to all my lovely friends, old and new, who made me a very happy bunny.
  • I heart The Mod Club Theatre and you should too... Beautiful club, beautiful people, beautiful music. What more could you hope for? I has a brilliant time there Saturday night (my first time, I'm ashamed to admit) and I recommend that all my friends and readers anywhere in the vicinity of Toronto visit and just try to not fall in love.
  • Fiji Rock Festival sounds like a good time. Shame that Morrissey fans were disappointed when The Man himself never showed (there was a misunderstanding I believe) and a Smiths tribute band preformed instead.
  • The artwork for The Music's new album, "Welcome To The North", has been created by design legend Peter Saville, who most famously created the sleeve for New Order's "Blue Monday" single. See it here.
  • The Beta Band have decided to split after 8 years.
  • Whatevs says Vincent Gallo's "The Brown Bunny" is indeed buzzworthy. Anyone wanna check out the screening in Buffalo on September 10th?
  • Yo I hate Nick Cater for beating up Paris Hilton. She's still achingly (no pun intended) beautiful! MTV claims an S&M themed photo shoot for Rolling Stone, not Nick Carter, caused the bruises... But how does that explain the fat lip?
  • Pete Doherty’s gone AWOL. I’m just happy he’s back in the news!
  • The Guardian examines rock-stars hell bent on self-destruction. For the record, we still heart them.
  • Chris Clark’s Best of the West (Part 1). Props to him for showing The Organ love!
  • The Strokes plan to release a live album before Christmas.
  • OMG! Kylie walked out on Olivier Martinez! Scandal! Kylie inists that while they haven’t split, their relationship is in period of difficulty.
  • Ali G’s Borat brings out the anti-Semite in Rednecks... (Warning: Offensive content.) This is actually downright terrifying when you see the Rednecks singing along to "throw the Jew down the well" and realize that Borat (Sacha Baron Cohen) himself is Jewish! Yo scary!
  • I finally got around to updating upcoming shows! Go Team Me!
  • Oh and if you haven't seen The Dreamers yet then, well, you suck... And if you saw it and didn't like it then Yorgoes and I won't be your friend anymore. Sorry, we have to maintain a certain level of good taste.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home