Friday, June 03, 2005

The Gobots was whack and She-ra’s a Thundercat ‘ho

Not to be outdone by former flame Renee Zellweger, the enigma that is Jack White apparently got married to not-so-super-looking-to-our-eyes model Karen Elson two days ago in a canoe on the Amazon River. What, you couldn’t find a big cathedral and a priest, Jack?

Attention children of the ‘80s, we’re telling you this weekend you can rejoice and wax all nostalgic-like about your childhoods. Because we love you, we’ve got the link to the perfect soundtrack for tomorrow’s breakfast of cereal during the morning ‘toons. If you can’t wait that long ‘cause you’re impatient or you’re still out having fun because you’re a 24 hour party person like us, you can both stream and download Z-trip’s song Breakfast Club
right here. Well…whacha waitin’ for?

I’m nominating Kylie for sainthood right now. First, the woman single handedly provides all the decent euro-dance until
Annie could come along, then she takes lingerie to a never-before-dreamed-of-level-of-sexiness by endorsing [NSFW] the drool worthy Agent Provocateur [NSFW] line and now she’s set to be the next Bond girl. Sure, they don’t have Bond cast and the plot will probably be contrived drivel, but thanks to that brilliant casting move this may be the first Bond movie I see since Golden Eye.

My ridiculously talented and eloquent former housemate
Punk is Dead has kindly provided us with great review of Coldplay’s X&Y at his blog Caps and Spelling. After you’re done reading it check out this link to the outstanding electro-pop he produces under the name War By Proxy.

Now for my local kids here’s what’s happenin’ this weekend…

Cool kids who didn’t procrastinate buying tickets will be seeing
Britt Daniels and co. playing what is sure to be a kick ass sold out performance at the Opera House on Sunday. If you don’t want your tickets or you need a plus one, I’ll be happy to help you out.

If sexually explicit chamber pop is more your style check out
the Hidden Cameras at a venue that I care not to mention, also on the Sunday.

If you have a big pocketbook but an even bigger heart, you’ll be spending your Saturday night at the annual
ACT charity event Fashion Cares. Feist performs, so even if the fashion is of over-the-top-couture-variety, it promises to be a stellar show.

On Friday you could do much worse than to check out Halifax’s alt country outfit
Matt Mays and El Torpedo.

Looking for something to do this summer beyond the weekend?
Now's got the list of practically everything worth going to in the G.T.A. from June to September.

Lastly, I produced three editions of Rock Snob for you. If you’re reading them I’d love to hear what you think, good, bad or indifferent. So don’t hesitate to leave some comment love or hate—it’ll only help me improve.

Have fun kiddies ‘cause I’m out for the weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Punk is Dead said...

Gracias for the shout out, Mr. D.

10:32 AM  
Blogger modernmod said...

Kylie did do a smoking mechanical bull riding advert for Agent P. but her own line of sexy underthings is Love Kylie. Mmmmm...Kylie in a bra and panties.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Mike D said...

Punk is Dead no probs.

Modernmod, thanks for the correction, I indeed have a copy of said drool worthy advert and I was so sure Agent P. was Kylie's line, but naturally you are most defs. correct. Anyway, it's a pleasure to have you stop by as Rock Snob herself has told me much about you (all good things of course). I’m sure I've seen you around in my various adventures on College St. But the next time I see you I'll be sure to introduce myself.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're doing a great job, dude! thanks!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home