Tuesday, May 24, 2005

seven days

  • Stone Roses guitarist John Squire wants the band to reform. You can sign the petition. In the meantime I'll be dreaming they consider filling in for Kylie at Glastonbury.
  • Stellastarr* have been in hiding for a while but they're really awesome. Take Your Medicine has "My Coco" avails to refresh your memory.
  • Ever since G sent me Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" (which was featured prominently in the season finale of The O.C.) I've been listening to it almost constantly. Simply stunning.
  • Franz Ferdinand have been throwing axes.
  • So the new Star Whores was pretty good. For me it was all about the awesomeness of Yoda and the Wookies. I also enjoyed Hayden Christensen's ripped bod and Natalie Portman's overall hotness. As for the movie itself, it was pretty good (for Star Wars) but some of the light saber fights went on forevs and I was like "Yo, lets see someone lose a limb or something"!
  • Tom Cruise on Oprah yesterday was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched on TV.
  • Paris Hilton's Carl's sexy Jr ad is so hot and popular (not unlike Paris herself) that it crashed the company's server. That's hot.
  • Holy fuck! Look at Phil Spector's hair! That shit is bananas!
  • 6 Comments:

    Blogger Mike D said...

    The Imogen Heap song is just beautiful. But I'd expect nothing less from her. Frou Foru is totally underrated despite the love form Zach Braff.

    I too saw a piece of that Tom Cruise television monstrosity yesterday. Man alive I cannot believe what he was thinking especially dragging Katie Holmes out like that. Was all the couch jumping and arm pumping really necessary? Oprah was just feeding the bears saying Kate all the time just to see him perk up.

    TomKat is quite out of control. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt when news broke that they were a couple and everyone was questioning if it was really genuine. People do that all the time with Tom Cruise. But this spectacle was just that and it’s got me wondering what the heck is up. Man, do I miss Nicole and Tom—that was understated and classy.

    1:48 PM  
    Blogger mike said...

    I <3 Rock Snob linking mentality
    I <3 Phil Spectors skull-animal

    2:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm been "Hide and Seek"ing since last Thursday night as well. I couldn't get the last 5 minutes of the OC out of my head and I went crazy trying to find the song. Now it's in my car stereo permanently. Freaking amazing.

    Also, the Tom-Katie thing just confuses me. I want to believe it's genuine, but GOSH he was a dork on Oprah.

    6:23 PM  
    Blogger Punk is Dead said...

    I don't know why everyone loves to hate Tom Cruise. In an age when people are so concerned with "image," is it not refreshing to see a person not care about being a mammoth dork in a public arena? The guy's just really enthusiastic about his new girlfriend. Plus, discounting the fact that he's got the whole "I'm Tom Cruise" thing going on, he is one of the most versatile actors working today.

    6:55 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Punk is Dead you know I like Tom Cruise as an actor. I'm also all for publicly making an ass of oneself—that's why I make it out to the dance floor as often as possible. But Tom's performance on Oprah was really hard to watch. He certainly wasn't doing the kind of things a levelheaded person does. It could be because he's in love; if that's the case than good for him and Katie. What I think is causing the backlash is that they are certainly acting like people who got something to prove and frankly when it comes to love you shouldn't have to do that. That being said I think the Kate Bosworth was his first choice reports that have come out today are completely uncalled for.

    9:34 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/entertainment/music/indieandrock/s/160/160079_brown_dismisses_roses_reunion_.html

    Ian says no to that Stone Roses reunion in today's Manchester Online. (and nobody seems to know/care enough about where Reni hangs out to ask him)

    1:43 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home