Monday, May 23, 2005

finishing my 2-4

  • Today marks the ends of the May 24 long weekend in Canada. Read about how awesome it is.
  • Kylie's on the road to recovery! Thank goodness! I was so worried!
  • Oasis have been deemed the most successful act of the last decade in the UK. The band have spent 766 weeks on the UK singles and albums charts.
  • The Darkness have lost bassist Frankie Poullain due to musical differences. The moustache will be missed.
  • The Vines are back in the studio working on a new album. There's doubt as to whether or not bassist Patrick "I can see your endorphins" Matthews will return to the band.
  • Ricky Wilson (Kaiser Chiefs) joined The Cribs onstage in Leeds over the weekend.
  • Watch British Sea Power's MTV-banned video for "Please Stand Up".
  • For The Records and Chromewaves have reviews of of the many awesome bands that passed through town last week. I admit I only made it out to MIA/LCD Soundsystem show but it was fucking spectacular.
  • Stream the new White Stripes album over at Scenestars. For some reason I find them totally unlistenable now (especially "The Nurse" and Meg's vocals on "Take, Take, Take") but I tried anyway and I guess it's alright if you're into them... Yeah, actually, I hate it.
  • Cute paparazzi picks of Kate Moss and Pete Doherty on holiday together in the south of France. I want that kind of crazy rock'n'roll love.
  • I'm going to see Star Whores tonight. I'll let ya know what I think.
  • 12 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you probably didn't dig the stripes' early stuff, did ya? it's better than elephant.

    8:32 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Anonymous I heart early Stripes stuff and I was very disappointed upon first listen. The only track I really dug on was the Denial Twist. The lady was so right on about everything especially Meg’s vocals on "Take, Take, Take". It pains me to say that ‘cause In the Cold Cold Night was one of my fav. Elephant tracks.

    Rock Snob, Dharlin’ you are too good to us. Working on a statutory holiday. Now that’s what I call devotion and love.

    I’m lovin’those Petey and Kate pics. They look so cute and happy snogin’ away. That cig bumming pic is so apropos.

    10:52 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    As I matter of fact I really liked the first 2 white stripes albums. after that it grew a bit old - i dont see much progression.

    1:01 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Let me guess, you think the first two albums were White Blood Cells and Elephant? If not, then you are insane to not like White Blood Cells. Insane!

    1:49 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really don't see anything wrong with this album and I'm a White Stripes purist. Ferreals. I just mikeyd needs to open that mind of his a bit.

    1:51 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Hey Anonymous.
    You're a fucking idiot.

    11:28 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey rocksnob, you're a twat.
    bwahaha!! in your face, bizzatch.

    did it ever occur to your little brock-educated head that "anonymous" could be 4 different people?

    and how can you NOT see/hear a progression from their early singles (7"s) and S/T to "Get Behind Me Satan"?

    looks to me like YOU'RE the fucking idiot.

    9:02 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Listen anonymous #1, to each is own. Its just a fucking band. Chill out.
    And if I'm such an idiot then don't read my blog! Seriously, why waste your time worrying about where I get my education?

    9:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "it's just a fucking band", says the one with a music blog. give me a fuckin' break.

    and you're the one who started with the name-calling, yes?

    education is damn important to someone who isn't as vapid as you.

    btw, "brock" and "idiot" are synonymous in my book.

    10:19 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    anonymous #1, i'm sorry you're taking this all so seriously. and yes, you're completely right that i'm "vapid" and you go ahead and think whatever you want about my university. you're free to have an opinion.

    10:23 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    for shizzle.

    10:51 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Rock Snob hun, I wouldn't worry about the Anonymous(es). He/She/They is/are clearly not worth the energy. You picked a classy way of ending it though. But my fav. is still the old Trudeau quote of "I've been called far worse things by far better men." That one gets 'em every time.

    11:11 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home