Wednesday, May 18, 2005

losing my edge?

  • I can't believe Emiliana Torrini is coming to Toronto when I'm away next month. Just my luck. The good news is that I have every intention of checking her out at Glastonbury.
  • And speaking of Glastonbury I'm quite certain I will have the best time evs (despite Kylie) on account of the company (an even bigger music snob than I am) I'll be keeping. This morning he sent me a "review" of the new Ordinary Boys single "Boys Will Be Boys"...
    "Jesus suffering fuck. The last thing the world needs is this bunch of talentless fuckwits shambling through their fucking songs like a bunch of students arriving at the fucking breakfast table at midday! Nobody, I mean absolutely nobody was out there begging for a fucking Suggs revival... *pants* rant over... Actually that cunt Preston needs a good old fashioned 70's style street beating. Blacked out Ford Transit, Snooker Balls in socks, you know the drill."
  • It was inevidable... Kate Moss joined Babyshambles onstage.
  • The tracklisting has been announced for the new Super Furry Animals LP 'LoveKraft'. The first single "Laser Beam" is released August 1st.
  • I love Dodge givin love to Thirteen Senses!
  • Chart reviews the Mercury Rev/Doves show but I prefer the Chromewaves review.
  • Ooh and MikeD and Chromewaves review the British Sea Power show at Lee's last night.
  • Tonight Snow Patrol and Athlete are at Kool Haus and indie metal band The Blood Brothers play The Mod Club.
  • Oooh and its also the season finale of America's Next Top Model and the Canadian premiere of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic (on Global).
  • Paris Hilton the party girl returns... It's about time.
  • Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PS: The story of Piano Man fascinates me. (Not the lame Billy Joel one but the mystery man in England).
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Mike D said...

    I'm quite embarassed by my review after reading Chromewaves' review. I cannot believe I forgot the whole carrying on the shoulders thing. Time to edit my review.

    A le sigh goes out to good ol' Pete. I'm sure Kate Moss is lovely girl and she just might have a decent voice but she has no business being on stage with Babyshambles. Oh the crazy things men do for love.

    Laslty, now that piano man deserves a song written about him.

    3:28 PM  
    Blogger LK said...

    no lyn kenney birthday! oh well, i still love the r-snob.

    5:51 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I must admit I am also shocked and saddened by the news that Gael Garcia Bernal has a girlfriend. He is soooo hot.
    And for anyone who hasn't seen it, Y Tu Mama Tambien is absolutely hilarious.

    5:54 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    MikeD - You're review was great! And I think Kate Moss should join Babyshambles only for tamborine and gogo dancing.
    Lyn Kenney - I wasn't sure if you wanted me to pretend it was Friday... But better late than never... http://therocksnob.blogspot.com/2005/05/lyn-kenney-turns-22.html
    CĂ©lina - I hold 'Y Tu Mama Tambien' responsible for my obsession with Mexican dudes. So best.

    1:05 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home