Friday, May 13, 2005

lisa moorish fan #1

  • I think I’m still in shock from The O.C. drams-fest last night…
  • Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and Keane respond to Liam Gallagher’s insults. Gotta love Ricky Wilson.
  • Speaking of the devil, Check out the new video for the Kaiser Chiefs “Everyday I Love You Less And Less”. It’s a bit too silly for my liking but fun nonetheless.
  • Chart reviews Coldplay’s recent Toronto gig. Meh.
  • Dodge has my beloved Hayden for download. We heart.
  • Thanks to For The Records for informing me that Sloan are playing the Sound of Music Festival in Burlington (psss, that’s where I'm currently living) on Saturday June 18th at 9:30pm FOR FREE.
  • From yesterday’s Popbitch: Liam takes on the Paddingtons
    "Babymother to the stars has new victim"
    Liam Gallagher has started a feud with Josh from indie hopefuls The Paddingtons, labelling them "fucking awful". But it's not their music Liam objects to. Their guitarist Josh has been sniffing around serial singer-fucker Lisa Moorish, who had a child with Liam a few years ago, and more recently with Pete Doherty. Liam is no doubt annoyed that his paternity cash might end up paying for not just one penniless indie musician's lovechild... but two.

  • The Dreamers star Eva Green claims Jake Gyllenhaal dropped out of the film because of the raunchy script. I love Jakey but I couldn’t imagine anyone better fitted for the role than his replacement Michael Pitt… Fuck I need to watch that film again. So much hotness.
  • Stereogum directed me to the so-bad-it’s-good Kidz Bop “Since U Been Gone” video. Cute.
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger ***** said...

    free sloan? that's pretty slick. also, i quite dig that kaiser chiefs video. in fact it wasn't silly enough for me!

    7:36 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Those Kidz Bop Kids can do no wrong. The "Since U Been Gone" video had me singing along and cheering especially at the kitsch that was bringing the animated jungle band to life as what is probably the greatest costumed back up band ever conceived. Really how do you compete with a Walrus on drum?

    That being said I’m afraid the Kidz Bop Kids may have peaked with the infamous ‘Float On’ cover. I’d probably give a limb to see a video treatment for that pop masterpiece.

    MikeD

    11:49 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the dreamers is the sex and jake would have sex as michael pitts role. infact i am going to watch the dreamers tonight

    9:37 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home