Monday, May 09, 2005

i'm a woman AND a machine

  • Some Franz Ferdinand fans are petitioning for Alex Kapranos to grow out his hair. His response? "Er... it’s getting there."
  • Death From Above 1979 cover Bloc Party!
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club return with their new album HOWL on August 22, 2005. The first single will be "Shuffle Your Feet" and you can hear a clip of it over on the band's official site.
  • Thanks to G for directing me to this Creem article with Pamela Des Barres meeting up with old friends at SXSW.
  • Gotta love Liam Gallagher for encouraging the Killers VS Bravery feud.
  • Morrissey, Bowie and Paul Weller are amoung MOJO award nominees. And here's hoping The Arcade Fire win "Best New Act".
  • Stereogum has Interpol's "Public Pervert" (Carlos D Remix) avails for download.
  • A few hundred more Glastonbury tickets are on sale this week to Orange customers.
  • Kelly Osbourne's still going on about her stint in rehab. Get over it.
  • Incase you flunk out of Uni there's always Whores College.

  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's quite funny about Mr Kapranos's fringe petition but I have to admit he slighty scares me with his current Nazi cut so I think its justified.

    I also love Liam 'you cock' Gallagher teaching the kids of today about the true spirit of rock n roll (being angry and loud). That dude freakin rocks.

    5:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ooh val val!! I am on the internet. this is what i look like! (its not my best photo ever tho:/ )http://www.channel4.com/music/gossip/lookunlikes/index.html

    Its something I sent in to Peter 'popjustice' Robinson (i told you I was obsessed). Sorry, I had to tell someone and its very late here:)

    6:27 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I demand more Steven Stapleton coverage!

    8:52 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    I swear Liam Gallagher reads this blog! It was only Wed. that I was remarking how it'd be grand if our fav. former Libertines started up a good ol’ fashioned feud. I too was trying to channel the greatness that was the Blur v. Oasis rivalry. I'll let him take the idea ‘cause he commented on the Bravery v. the Killers, but next time I want credit Liam!

    Considering that whole blog incident involving a dude, his girlfriend and Carlos D, I love how deliciously ironic it was that Carlos D remixed 'Public Pervert.'

    Lastly what would we do without Ananova and you Miss Valerie? I cannot believe they actually called it Whores College, that's genius.

    9:43 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Sarah. You're so cute!
    Anonymous. NO DICE!
    MikeD. You rule at life. Obvs.

    5:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home