Thursday, May 05, 2005

daisy chains

  • If you've got BitTorrent check out Primal Scream's remixed Screamadelica: Screamixadelica. (From For The Records)
  • Stereophonics are covering The Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog" on their upcoming "Superman" single.
  • Damon Albarn is helping Val Kilmer record an album. Link from MikeD.
  • Chart reviews Ryan Adams show at Toronto's Kool Haus on Tuesday night.
  • The Vines bassist Patrick Matthews features on the debut EP Someone Else’s Dream from new band Youth Group. The band are supporting The Music on their UK tour this month.
  • Check out Rilo Kiley's "Portions For Foxes" video because I have a major girl-crush on Jenny Lewis.
  • Props to Modern Laundry, aka Paris Hilton Fan #1, for pointing out the highly appropriate "Teen Sex" headline alongside Paris Hilton's picture on the front of Metro yesterday. We love it. Speaking of our girl...
  • Today at La Senza my favourite salesgirl told me that Paris Hilton has recently been spotted wearing one of their babydolls. In public. As a dress. With like high heels. (Naturally I bought it.)
  • Kids are sluts on MySpace. Gee, who knew?
  • I've signed up for the RunTO 10K. I predict after the first kilometre it will be more of a crawl. Everyone I've talked to about my participation in this is both shocked and horrified. Never a good sign. But you know me, I love to be controversial.
  • 13 Comments:

    Blogger Mike D said...

    I’d have to say the RunTO comment isn’t entirely true. I believe I was more happy and encouraging than shocked and horrified. But that’s ‘cause I know you sell yourself short. I have fully confidence you’ll tear up that 10K. But I do expect some controversy from troubs on the course ‘cause it naturally follows you.

    MikeD

    5:11 PM  
    Blogger ***** said...

    either that kilmer album will be absolutely astonishing or it'll suck. i'm leaning towards the latter.

    5:12 PM  
    Blogger modernmod said...

    I have the picture from the Metro haniging on my wall.

    5:20 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    MikeD you're totally right. It should have read "Almost everyone" becuase you were the exception! Thanks for having faith!

    5:33 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Nathan I fear the worse.

    5:33 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    And as for you Duarte, well thats just another example of why you're my hero.

    5:34 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    I just read the kids bloging/my space article and man alive was that a textbook case of generate interest by fear mongering. I hate it when the media does that. I also couldn’t take any of the credible points seriously after reading that Livejournal became Lifejournal on the second reference.

    MikeD

    6:19 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thanks Torr. My mind was elsewhere when I was reading/writing that!

    7:38 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    MikeD I found us a better place to honeymoon!
    http://www.nme.com/news/112260.htm

    8:04 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    So sold Dharling. This marriage proposal keeps getting better and better. That festival is awesome. Plus it's closer to the wedding date. The only draw back is that California trumps Texas. Then again Coachella's in the middle of the desert.

    9:07 PM  
    Blogger Punk is Dead said...

    So what's the big deal with Austin anyway? Why do they get to have SXSW and this big ol' dealio?

    Is Houston anywhere near this so-called "city?" Maybe I can convince my cousins to let me visit them.

    1:00 AM  
    Blogger mike said...

    stereophonics? Covering Iggy Pop! Don't make me laugh! Well Ok, but just a little

    7:25 AM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Punk is Dead, it appears the drive from Houston to Austin is about 180 miles. It's made more complicated by the fact that there is no direct highway linking the two cities.

    You might be interested to note that it appears there's annual cycling event between the two cities over a couple of days.

    MikeD

    8:59 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home