Wednesday, July 06, 2005

'aint unemployment grand

  • NME's got video of their Glastonbury highlights! All the interviews rule! Goldie Lookin Chain entertain me to no end, The Futureheads are too cute (love the Sunderland accents), and Ricky Wilson is THE MAN!
  • Babyshambles have pulled out of their support slot for Oasis tonight because Pete's stuck in France.
  • Oh and Pete Doherty's blaming his shambolic Live 8 performance on Bob Geldof's 16-year-old daughter Peaches who made a pass at him before he went onstage. Cheeky minx... Our kind of girl.
  • Paul Cannell, who designed album covers for Primal Scream and Manic Street Preachers, has committed suicide.
  • I can't believe I'm only just seeing Louis XIV's video for "God Killed The Queen" for the first time now. They're such dirty old men its great.
  • Goldie Lookin Chain are are Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC) tonight. As I said before they really impressed me at Glasto... That and the fact they had everyone yelling "Your Mother's Got A Penis" for the rest of the weekend.
  • One of my lovely readers (Gaz) is playing his first gig with The Diableros tonight at The Social. The Empires are also on the bill so it should make for a good show. Check out flyers here and here.
  • The final Live 8 concert happens in Edinburgh tonight. It will be streamed live on http://www.bbc.co.uk..
  • Texas are playing the Live 8 show tonight and The Vicar has your hook-up for MP3's from the band (who I secretly really like). I recommend "Black Eyed Boy" and "Say What You Want".
  • London, England will host the 2012 Summer Olympics. Another reason for me keep coming back every year... or live there.
  • Oh Angelina... how I love you so. Miss Jolie is adopting a newborn Ethiopian girl orphaned by AIDS. She's so lovely.
  • Happy Birthday to my friend Will and His Holiness the Dalai Lama who turned 70 today.
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    merci miss val!

    we heart you <3

    7:25 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Awww, I didn't even know you read this. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU SEXY BITCH!

    10:22 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home