Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Last Post On The Bugle

So with everyone’s favourite lady back it looks like my run at Rock Snob has come to an end. I’m saddened to be leaving behind this glamorous gig, but it’ll be nice to go back to just posting comments. Even with an RSS reader chock-full-o’-feeds it ain’t easy to provide the quality news and witty commentary that all y’all expect from Rock Snob. Now I’ve always appreciated what the good lady’s done, but after trying to fill her stilettos for four weeks, I have a whole other level of appreciation for what she does here.

But before I step aside and let the true master take her rightful place at the top I’d like to say thanks to all the readers, especially those who left some comment love or emailed me. It was greatly appreciated. I’d also love it if you’d occasionally stop by and visit me at my lowly blog home Diary of a Finger Popper. It won’t be your one-stop rock and celebrity gossip blog like this place, but I do promise to do my damnedest to entertain all y’all.

Now on with my last hurrah at Rock Snob…

You may or may not have picked up on our hints, but we’re foodies and Food Network Canada junkies. So naturally we’ve been following Jamie’s School Dinners, in which celeb-chef Jamie Oliver tries to improve the abysmal state of school meals in England. Tonight at 9 p.m. EST is the concluding episode to the series and we suggest that you check it out if you’ve got the means.

Kylie thanks Coldplay and Basement Jaxx for the cover love at Glasto ‘cause she’s classy like that—omething Shaun of the Zutons would know nothing about.

Singer Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream is doing his best to deny that his comments to the crowd at Glasto were a slight to Kylie. Damn right you are Bobby you wouldn’t want to join Shaun on our shit list now would you?

Sir Bob’s cut himself from the Live 8 roster ‘cause he’s not popular enough. He can console himself with the thought that he isn’t being a hypocrite.

Like any good gossip columnists those cheeky 3 a.m. girls are trying to stir things up between Pete Doherty and Kate Moss. First, they justifiably slag Kate for wearing the same pants she wore all weekend at Glasto to pick up some cigarettes and gum at the corner store on Monday. But those girls really earn their paycheques when they try to stir up troubs between our favourite couple by rehashing Pete’s gay prostitute past ‘cause he’s been interviewed in a gay magazine this month.

Our friends at Chart have a good profile on Ian Brown with an interesting little tea anecdote that starts and closing the article just like we learned in J-school.

Lastly, NME’s pulling the same stunt with the Archdukes that they did with the Strokes. If you want to know more information about the album than a lame discription of the CD cover, then you’ll have to buy the magazine. The online article's not a total loss, it lists possible tracks including potential lead singles ‘Turn It On’ and ‘Do You Want To?’, which the band describes as “knockout punches.”

See all y'all at the beach,
MikeD

Amendium
How I missed this in the morning update I’ll never know. Better later than never I guess.

Since our boys from Leeds serious rocked out at Glasto they’re re-releasing ‘I Predict a Riot’ in hopes that it charts higher. Although that’s news pretty much deserves a “meh” at best, the single’s a double A-side with a new tune called ‘Sink That Ship’. Ricky’s claiming this tune is so rock and roll that they can’t play it more than once in a set—drummer Nick collapsed all over his kit the last time they practiced the tune. Now that’s hot.

Speaking of things that are hot… you can now buy the famous swimsuit, so you can reenact Paris’ famous burger ad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

It's been a lot of fun, MikeD. Thanks for taking the reigns and giving me something to read while I should be working.
They definitely want to pay me to catch up on my gossip - they just haven't realized it yet!

You did a great job. I'll be stopping by Finger Popper often.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mike D said...

Thanks for the kind words Daphne. I'm glad I could help you wade it out till quitting time and that I was able to entice you to stop by my lowly ol' Finger Popper.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Mike D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Punk is Dead said...

Oh Mike D., how I shall miss your snarkasm. And your periodic promotion of my humble web log.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Mike D said...

Thanks Punk is Dead. I'll continue to give you link love on Diary of a Finger Popper and my snarkasm will only be as far as the comments section here or over a Caps and Spelling.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home