Tuesday, November 15, 2005

dirty dancefloors and dreams of naughtiness

  • Arctic Monkeys did not disappoint last night. The band put on a killer show and, for once, I wasn't the only one dancing! There were drunken louts, singalongs to unreleased songs, and good times all around. Shout outs to fellow bloggers Rebecca and Dart who I caught up with at the show!
  • Morrissey's describes his new album as “the most beautiful, perhaps the most gentle, so far”.
  • Chart has reviewed Art Brut's recent Toronto show.
  • Pitchfork didn't totally destroy Babyshambles in their review of 'Down In Albion'.
  • In case you don't have it yet here's the new single from The Strokes, "Juicebox".
  • The Beastles mash-up!

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Gilberto said...

    Lee's was friggin' packed. I was pretty much stuck by the mixing board. Was good to see you, even if just from afar (and our favourite stagecrasher as well, i guess).

    Good gig.

    G.

    5:06 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ack! I looked around but I didn't see ya - I was in the front, to the right of the boorish louts. The show was a killa for sure...$10! Can't go wrong at that price :)

    5:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey I'm not a member or anything but i love reading this page daily, you have the best musical taste rock snob! here's a link that reminded me of the Paris Hilton mention a few days back:

    http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/005189.html

    it may not be new to you, but it sure made me feel better about myself! x

    5:51 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    G - I saw you as I was driving away at the end of the night! Tragic!

    Kat - I was at the raised bit to the left of the stage. My friend was the girl that got onstage and danced during the 2nd song. I was also getting high fives from the drunken louts for some inexplicable reason.

    Anonymous - Thanks! That makes me feel better about myself too!

    8:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm seeing them on saturday in san francisco and i cant wait. so the boys held up to all the advanced hype huh? its funny but i feel like noone in san francisco seems to have caught on to them except for boadwee maybe. they are so irresistable.

    8:27 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your (girl) friend rules. The way she ended up on stage and just hung out there so casually was rad!!!

    1:28 AM  
    Blogger rock goddess said...

    Drunken louts spoiled the Mercury Lounge show for me, but drunken louds made the Bowery Ballroom show. The music's good, so who really cares?

    9:48 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home