Monday, November 14, 2005

go art brut! go!

  • I saw Art Brut last night and they totally blew me away.
    Some of the highlights:
    - After the lyric “Stay off the crack” we were told to stay away from Pete Doherty because “he’s a bad man”.
    - The bass amp caught on fire during the third song.
    - Eddie led a Q&A session for 5 minutes while the smoke cleared.
    - Eddie went out in to the audience for “Modern Art” walking around the Lee's Palace screaming “Modern art makes me want to rock out” without a mic.
    - Everyone who attended has to form a band. Or Eddie will come back and be very disappointed in us.

  • - The band look like they're having incredible amounts of fun onstage and their enthousiasm is contagious.
    - They're all very lovely people.
    - At the end of the night I was coerced into having
    a picture of me and Eddie Argos and Ian from the band taken.
    Anyway, the moral of the story is that Art Brut are fucking brilliant. If you have the chance, go see them.
  • Tonight’s the Arctic Monkeys show (so if you're going and you see me there say hello) and for those of you not going I’ll make sure you hear all about it tomorrow.
  • 12 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Shit, I wish I was going to the Arctic Monkeys' show. There's even tickets left :P

    12:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hot picture, sexy lady :)

    12:47 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG, I literally cannot WAIT until tonight!!!

    12:55 PM  
    Blogger Gilberto said...

    *gets ready to monkey around*

    G.

    1:11 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Fen - Maybe there will be some tickets released at the door?

    372 Glenridge - I got all excited there like "OMG! You're my neighbour!" and then I realized I'm a dumbass. :S

    Kat - I just hope I haven't set my sights to high and that I'm not disappointed tonight!

    G - See ya tonight!

    1:51 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This post just got me revved up both shows at Spaceland in Los Angeles this week -- Art Brut on Thursday and Arctic Monkeys on Friday. yay!

    2:08 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you made my day, ma belle :) LOL

    3:06 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi, I read your blog...and I love it very much...

    just had to tell you I am EXTREMELY jealous of your fun with Art Brut... but very happy that you had such a good time...I'd have killed to be there... age limits plus living two hours away is terrible. Have fun with the Monkeys tonight... I'd also love to be there

    -mary

    5:30 PM  
    Blogger BLOOD AMBITION 2008 said...

    file your sunday and monday under 'ar'... hahahahahahahahahahaha. oh man. am i tipsy? a little.

    8:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Them foriegners never touch Texas let alone central anything, but they always hit the coasts - we feel lonely damnit...

    8:29 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Holy assholes...was it good or what!??? I coulda done without the moshing frat boys...but hey, at least they were having fun. The dancing crowd was quite the abnormality for the usual "wax museum" Toronto crowd.

    11:50 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    ScriptGrrl - I have to say that seeing the two bands back-to-back is a winning combination. I'm curious to find out which one you like better!

    Mariah - I do what I can.

    R&J - Twas lovely to see you!

    Mary - Thanks doll ! I feel your pain - I also now live 2 hours away from the city (away at University) - and as for this age limit thing, well we have to find you a fake ID!

    BLOOD AMBITION 2005 - 'Ar' it is.

    Penguin - I guess you'll just have to move to Toronto then!

    Kat - That was a great show indeed - you might have noticed my friends and I (at the left of the stage) trying to start fights with the drunken louts in the pit. Ugh. Still, great show.

    12:06 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home