Wednesday, April 19, 2006

sorry i'm late!

  • The Stooges have reunited and are working on a new album (with Steve Albini and Jack White producing). I'd check them out if they were to tour just for Iggy Pop's onstage antics alone.
  • Gnarls Barkley's debut album St Elsewhere can be streamed from their MySpace as of this Friday. It's getting some pretty awesome reviews.
  • You gotta respect Franz Ferdinand for not selling out.
  • Islands (formerly The Unicorns) launch their North American tour tonight. They roll into Toronto on May 19th.
  • Badly Drawn Blog has a glowing review of last night's Elbow show in TO.
  • A lot of covers of Leonard Cohen's classic "Hallelujah". Jeff Buckley did it best. No contest.
  • Q Magazine has determined the 50 Worst Albums. Ever. (Or at least until we hear the Kevin Federline album.)
  • The Sun thinks Liam Gallagher looks like a troll. THE HOTTEST PIECE OF TROLL ASS I'VE EVER SEEN.
  • In case you've been living under a rock, Tomkat spawned yesterday. Poor kid.
  • Last night I was fortunate enough to check out a preview screening of Gamekillers. If you haven't seen the commercials yet, check em out because they're a good indiciation of what the show's like. If your sense of humour is anything like mine than you'll be laughing though the whole show because, as my date and I determined, everything is so painfully funny because it's true. All in all, I think it's a very clever campaign, a very funny show, and I had a very good night out so I have nothing but good things to say (for once). Gamekillers airs this Saturday at 10pm on the Comedy Network. Trust me, you'll love it - or at the very least you'll have a good laugh!
  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Jeff Buckley did it best. No contest."

    You misspelled John Cale! ^_^

    4:37 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OK, that Q Magazine thing is waaay the fuck off on some things.
    For example, Fisherspooner? As much as no one wants to admit that they bought into the whole electroclash thing a few years back, a) a lot of us did and b) that album actually stands up as a good, solid dance record.
    Ditto Saturnz Return. Not Goldie's best work by a long stretch, but worse than Glitter and Cut the Crap? No fuckin' way man.

    9:55 AM  
    Blogger Thigh Master said...

    the stooges were thumcredible a couple o years back at lil steven's int underground garage fest

    it made me want to diet and walk around shirtless for the rest of my life

    11:49 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Anonymous - Har har.

    Dart - I dunno. I thought that Fischerspooner album was pretty weak myself. Can't say anything on the Goldie album as I never even gave it a chance... Maybe because I've always read Q and they've always provided good (or what I assume to be good) instructins on what to avoid. *shrug*

    Thigh Master - I need to see Iggy Pop writhe onstage if its the last thing I do. I must admit I get a little moist whenever I watch Velvet Goldmine and see what a sexy beast Ewan McGregor plays him as.

    Chris DeLine - Did you do what I did and run a mental list of all the people you know and what Gamekiller mold they fit?

    11:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Iggy & The Stooges played this year's BDO festival. He pulled a whole bunch of kids on stage to dance with him, and this is a festival that gets so out of hand people have DIED in the mosh.
    They were also very loud.

    xxx
    Chelsea.

    4:37 AM  
    Blogger I said...

    I am cautiously excited about that Stooges record. I was lucky enough to see them in late summer 2003, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

    Nice blog, by the way.

    8:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home