Wednesday, June 07, 2006

i'm gradumacated

  • I hope everyone has fun at Radiohead tonight for all those of us who can't be there.
  • Billy Preston, the "Fifth Beatle", has died. Unfortuantely his song "You Are So Beautiful" lives on.
  • Beck's finished work on his new album. No details yet but it's due out in autumn.
  • Kasabian's next album will be titled 'Empire' and they it's apparently sexier and naughtier (and therefore better) than their debut!
  • Stereogum has Razorlight's new single "In The Morning".
  • I see Muse are back with another wacky and weird album cover.
  • Morrissey once asked Linda McCartney to play keyboards on "Frankly Mr. Shankley" on 'The Queen Is Dead'. She said no.
  • Jarvis Cocker, Air and The Divine Comedy are all making appearances on Charlotte Gainsbourg's forthcoming album. That has potential to be the sex.
  • Mike Skinner (The Streets) limits himself to sleeping with only 3 girls a week on tour. Sigh. How hard it must be for him.
  • Kylie Monigue is Glamour magazine's 'Woman of the Year'.
  • Paul Oakenfold seems to think Paris Hilton is the new Kylie. I have to disagree (but I do think "Stars Are Blind" could be worse.)
  • The Guardian has a little feature on siblings in bands together.
  • Watch footage of a hilarious huge fuck-up at the Mrs. World 2006 pagent where the wrong winner was crowned. Bahahah.
  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    First of all, let me start off by saying, way to graduate Valerie. When I graduated, I slept with my degree for a while 'cause I was convinced people would sneak up and take it back.
    Also, I'd like to volunteer to take any excess bitches that don't get to sleep with the Streets. Yeah, I'm giving like that.
    Third, am I the only one who thinks Paris has been ProTooled to sound like Gwen Stefani?
    Finally, Paul Chokenfold is the worst DJ ever. He's a fake-ass celebrity DJ, like me, but at least I'm upfront about it. People need to stop listening to him like he knows shit. And he should get a job carrying record crates for somebody like Shy FX or Slimzee until he knows what the fuck a real DJ looks like.

    12:58 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    Miss Valerie,

    Haven't dropped you a comment in a while; read everyday though and love it.

    Congratulations on your graduation!!!

    - Steve

    P.S. Radiohead is no Keane ;)

    P.P.S. Wow, DJ Chris Dart definitely went "all out" in his comments... I guess he really doesn't like Paul Oakenfold...

    3:16 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No, I seriously dislike Oakenfold.
    I just think electronic music has produced so many DJs/producers more deserving of crossover superstardom, it just boggles my mind how this dude got over.

    3:47 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home