Friday, June 30, 2006

oh canada

  • HAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • The details of this Toronto Island mystery music festival are announced today at noon!
  • Lil' Kim is a free woman again on Monday! Ironically they're letting her out of jail early for "good behavior".
  • All-star line-up for a Leonard Cohen tribute concert in Dublin this fall. Lou Reed, Nick Cave, Beth Orton and Jarvis Cocker are among the performers.
  • Kasabian's new single will have a World War One-themed video.
  • Torr has a great Q&A with Boy Kill Boy!
  • CBC Arts makes a fantastic Canada Day mixtape!
  • Saturday is Canada Day! You can celebrate by checking out a free show by The Dears at Harbourfront Centre (9:30). There's also loads of other Canada Day celebrations happening around the city. What's everyone else doing this weekend? Any suggestions?
  • There was a time when everyone would have loved to see Britney Spears naked (SFW)... but NOW is not that time.
  • I watched my first NBA Draft on Wednesday and really enjoyed it with the exception of Steven A. Smith and his obnoxious voice... apparently I was not alone. Additional props to my boyfriend for trying to explain him to me as being "the Tucker Carlson of basketball".
  • Remember how my cell phone died like two months ago? Well I finally got a new one (a Nokia 6682) on Wednesday and it's a real beaut! And because it has a sweet camera it means I can post a lot more pics and videos of my adventures and stuff on here! Yeah, I'm totally excited!
  • YouTube video of the world's most dedicated raver. Kinda brings new meaning to the phrase "rave to the grave". From Holy Moly!
  • Have a HAPPY CANADA DAY weekend everyone (even all you non-Canadians)!Happy Canada Day bitches!

  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger modernmod said...

    Not that much of a secret but none the less: http://www.virginfestival.ca/

    12:12 PM  
    Blogger wonderbug said...

    Virgin Festival - the list is up at virginfestival.ca

    my friends in low places tell me that the killers will be added (i'm guessing to headline the second night).

    i'm SUPER excited about Massive Attack and the Raconteurs.

    massive attack hasn't played toronto for YEARS and this will be the frist time toronto gets to see the raconteurs.

    good times!

    i'll be in the beer tent during the dears....can't stand them.

    12:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The lineup is great. It's going to sell out in no time... and it's on my birthday. Freakin awesome.

    1:13 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Duarte - Yeah, as you can tell I couldn't be bothered to look for it myself. :) Thanks!

    wonderbug said - Awesome but I'm not as blown away by the line-up as I thought I would be (Massive Attack is a big sell tho).

    Anonymous - Aw, I can't imagine a cooler way to spend your birthday!

    CPD - It's not that Britney looks bad pregnant its that now we now know she naturally looks like "white trash" so the pics don't really come across as an accurate depiction. It seems like they've undergone some work in Photoshop! ... Oooh and I'm glad to see you're back blogging!

    3:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home