Monday, June 26, 2006

world in motion

  • It's official. I've caught World Cup fever! That Portugal-Netherlands game yesterday was so bad it was good!
  • So apparently Babyshambles split up over the weekend!?!
  • The Ian Cutis biopic 'Control' is going to have a killer soundtrack including David Bowie, Roxy Music, Iggy Pop, Buzzcocks, Lou Reed, Sex Pistols, and Joy Division and New Order (obvs).
  • The tracklisting for the new Razorlight album has been released.
  • Art Brut want to play the last ever Top Of The Pops! Sign the petition to make it happen!
  • Decent review of The Streets in Toronto on Friday night.
  • Great review of the Broken Social Scene/Feist/Bloc Party show at Toronto Island that happened on Saturday.
  • Victoria Beckham recently paid a visit to "lovely" Winnipeg.
  • Does anyone use Skype? Is it good?
  • If, like me, you're going through a Quarterlife Crisis, this article might help you feel better.
  • 10 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah, hurray for the fevuh - though I missed that game, I did get to see Beckham do that bend of his to win the game for Inguhlund...

    World Cup's allowed me to actually care about a sport - gotta praise it for that...

    12:26 PM  
    Blogger Gilberto said...

    The winning goal for En-ger-land was a beauty. I'll be the first to admit that, although yesterday i wanted to murder the motherhumper. But man, that was one of the prettiest, if not the prettiest, goal of the WC so far.

    -G.

    2:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    skype is pretty cool. not perfect but worth the time to mess with it a bit. a headset makes it much better, and you have the added bonus of looking like a total jackass.

    nick

    2:40 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    did you see how italy won today?
    that's the italian style... doing nothing the whole time and waking up at the last minute! ;))
    i'm for argentina anyway

    F

    4:03 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    When I heard the news of Top of the Pops being cancelled I immediately thought that poor Eddie Argos and the rest of Art Brut wouldn't get to live out their dream. Now with a little bit of web promotion it may just happen for those cheeky lads. Here's hoping 'cause damn it the world needs to hear the song that has a chance of making Israel and Palestine get along.

    6:48 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    I love Skype... use it to talk and video-conference with family in LA and buddies in Europe all the time. Best of all, it's free.

    For best results, yeah get the headset. A webcam makes it 10 times better even...

    Art Brut... Top of the Pops!

    Steve

    7:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    am I the only one that thinks beckham is an undeserving bad ugly player? I mean I'm happy England won the match but seriously beckham needs to go, he doesn't deserve his position at all, all he cares about are endorsements, im so sick of him!

    9:28 PM  
    Blogger Bobby B said...

    The Broken Social Scene island show was an absolutely wonderful time! Those guys deserve all their success, although part of me wishes I still had them to myself. And Skype is good.

    4:56 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Penguin - Yeah, it took me a while but now I'm really enjoying it!!! Shame

    Gilberto - It was a beaut! He's one player who really lives up to his hype!

    Nick - Yeah I've been wanting to give it a whirl for some time but just wanted to see if its worth downloading the software! Thanks!

    F - Yeah, I have a hard time being excited for someone winning on a penalty kick (hardly "winning" in my eyes) but I'm glad the Italians celebrated it all the same!

    MikeyD - Yeah I think it would be the perfect way to send the series off!

    rocknrollstar - Yeah the "free" thing was a big sell for me. Is the quality clear?

    Anonymous - Yes, yes you are :p
    He may get a lot of "celebrity attention" but that goal Sunday solidified why he's one of the best and mos popular players in the world!

    quadb - I wish I had gone to the BSS show but it was a bit too pricey for me!

    12:52 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    Miss Valerie,

    Re: Skype. I think the quality is really good. Better than my cell phone most of the time actually ;) Try it out, you can always uninstall it if you don't like it...

    3:21 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home