Monday, August 15, 2005

pete doherty is not innocent

  • Pete Doherty was arrested on Friday for drug posession (crack cocaine, heroin) in Norway. Festival organizers where Babyshambles were scheduled to play had to bail him out and when he finally took to the stage (5 hours late) he VOMITED. Ugh.
  • I hope you join me tomorrow and celebrate the 10th anniversary of wonderful, glorious Britpop by listening to a special night on BBC FOUR!
  • Cameron is right to point out "Jack White is perpetuating the myth that he is the new Michael Jackson with the presence of dancing, little children" in the new White Stripes video for "My Doorbell".
  • Paris Hilton has traded Tinkerbell in for a smaller model.
  • I like these girls. They remind me of me at their age.
  • Just a quickie post today as I'm still enjoying my DIY long weekend.

  • 11 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Paris is a bit of a nutter, yes?

    10 years already since "Status Quoasis" vs. "I hope their bassplayer gets AIDS and dies"...Brings a tear to your eye, dunnit?

    5:16 PM  
    Blogger Blush said...

    You mean Paris didn't really love Tinkerbell?! No way!

    6:02 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    aww Pete. wash your face and i'll give you a hug.

    -tiom

    6:36 PM  
    Blogger kc said...

    Thnx for all the great Pete linkage. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's fascinated by him...

    Say, the zine I work on is in need of writers - if you know of anyone or are interested in helping us out (please), shoot me an email:

    kclark@randomville.com

    zine: randomville.com

    Thanks!

    Kristin

    10:54 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    cant understand why people are so fasinated with a thieving, lying, talentless smackhead who cant sing or write a decent song.

    its like its a big soap opera where people talk more about him and what he does then his actual music.

    the libertines lasted two albums and havent changed music with their averageness.

    the only thing they have done is influence their fans looking like idiots with their stupid clothes and hair thinking that the way they dress comes 1st to the music.

    3:11 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmm, I'll have to disagree with the above. I used to love the Libertines, back when Pete was not a crackhead, and was in love with Carl. And they were really about the music for a period time, and still think they were/are a great band.

    But my love for Pete Doherty, I do have to admit, is starting to run out, I am getting a tad bit worried with what I read on the blogs.

    10:52 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thierry – Paris is a bitch. I love her but anyone who claims to love animals couldn’t just send it away because it wasn’t practical to carry around anymore… And yes, oh how I look back on the Britpop wars fondly.

    Blush – Yes, see above comment, Paris is being a douchebag,

    Tiom – My sentiments exactly. Except substitute “entire body” for “face” and “scrub” with “wash”.

    Kc – I’m happy to support the infamous Peter D in all his great tabloid-making adventures. Oh and I’ll pass on the good word about your zine in a post later!

    Anonymous - That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. I happen to think that Pete’s music with the Libertines spoke for a generation and, more impottantly, spoke to me… It means something to me and that’s why I care… Oh and for the record I don’t know any Libs fans that “look like idiots” and I still maintain the same (very-un-Libertines) style I had before I heard the band.
    You seem very angry about this. Perhaps you should have a chat with someone and get it all out.

    creativepseudo - I totally agree with you... And like you, I’m starting to get fed up with all ongoing Pete drama… At this point I think the best thing that could happen for him would be for the courts (since they’re always sentencing him for something) to order him to enter a drug treatment facility for a few months. At least in there he could concentrate on music too.

    12:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I saw Pete at the show in Oslo...well atleast a few minutes before I couldnt take it anymore...what a trainwreck. Being a junkie rock star isnt cool dude.

    8:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    points taken but my concern with bands at the moment is that them and the fans of the bands seem more concerned with the way they look more so than the music which just concerns and annoys me, these bands like the above mentioned and bloc party and razorlight, and these bands created by the NME, just seem more focused on their indie posturing (their fans too) and forgetting its about writing good music. none of these bands cant even write anything decent without the brainwashing of the nme over its sad followers - get real.

    you only have to look around at the amount of mullets and stupid clothes which seem to be the dress code of the so called cool people who follow these bands. laughable and sad.

    3:34 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    anonymous - I couldn't agree with you more about disagreeing with people liking a band for their image instead of their music BUT I do think there is some validity to music... For example, in Canada, we don't get the NME and British indie bands like Libertines and Razorlight don't get press coverage (that's why I started a blog) but their shows are always sold-out whenever they come to town... So I just think there MUST be something in the music that's drawing people!

    9:34 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    12:44 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home