Monday, August 08, 2005

it seems so easy

  • Benicàssim went down in Spain this weekend. The Cure revealed plans to release a new album next year, my new favourite band Maximo Park covered The Streets, Kasabian continued kissing Gallagher ass, and of course Kaiser Chiefs stole the show. Check out photos.
  • "'Madman' Doherty Shocks Documentary Crew". Essentially, the BBC camera crew that filmed Pete Doherty for four months for an upcoming documentary, "Who The Fuck Is Pete Doherty?", call him a "madman on drugs" and are concerned he won't make it to his next birthday. More disturbing details from News Of The World. Scary.
  • Good news: I finally got the Interview magazine with Pete on the cover. Read it here.
  • Happy Mondays are back in the studio and writing new material.
  • Dig the video for The Subways new single "With You. I adore them and this song is phenomenal... Plus that bass player Charlotte is a stone fox.
  • Only one more album from the Kaiser Chiefs and then Ricky's doing exercise videos... Yeah... Right...
  • I'm totally obsessed with Lady Sovereign right now.
  • More fun details emerge about Sophie Ellis-Bextor's wedding.
  • I hate this new I-have-to-pay-people-to-help-me-gain-weight Lindsay Lohan. (Thanks Mariah)
  • The Go Fug Yourself girls offer some advice to Tara Reid. I still love her. I can't wait for Wild On Tara and, be honest, neither can you.
  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger ***** said...

    'random' by lady sovereign is hilarious.

    11:43 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    It might be the greatest grime I've heard all year.

    12:11 PM  
    Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

    whoa..happy mondays?? shaun ryder is still alive??

    7:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    dunno what's up with Doherty, but I met the other guys from Babyshambles with Alan Wass on Dean Street in Soho, London today, and all seemed to be a tad subdued and anxious looking. Nice enough guys though. Shame Pete is so bent on self-destruction. Felt bad for the other band members.

    7:57 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Satisfied '75 - Yeah man, I saw him at Glasto... He's (physically) HUUUUGE now.

    everson - Wow, I'm jealous!! But yeah, like you, I've always felt sorry for the rest of the guys in the band. It must be frustrating as hell dealing with someone like Pete - I admire their patience.

    9:52 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home