Tuesday, October 18, 2005

ooh get me away from here i'm dying

  • Franz Ferdinand are playing a show in Toronto tonight! I will not be attending as I have to prepare for a presentation tomorrow... I'm not happy about it one bit. Everyone who's going needs to have extra fun on my behalf!
  • Tickets for Lady Sovereign's show in Toronto on December 3rd are on sale! I dont know if I can go yet!?!
  • The Who, The Kinks and Joy Division/New Order will be inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame this November. I wonder why it took so long?
  • Click on "Born Again" to view lovely candid black-and-white photographs of Pete Doherty by Hedi Slimane from his new book, "London: Birth of a Cult".
  • Arctic Monkeys call The Libertines and Babyshambles "pretentious". Ouch!
  • Kasabian recently turned a classy yacht party into a booze cruise. Well done boys.
  • Carl Barât's got Supergrass playing a set at his club night, Dirty Pretty Things, in London on Saturday. I am so on the wrong continent.
  • Kaiser Chiefs are on the cover of this week's NME. For what feels like the 6th time this year... Also, the band's new DVD will tell the story of the Kaisers from childhood through to 25 years in the future. It is narrated by Bill Nighy which immediately makes it awesome by association.
  • Chris Martin paid £20,000 for a lunchbox designed by REM's Michael Stipe at a charity auction. It was for a good cause. And, more importantly, he outbid Bono.
  • I might not be able to post tomorrow so I apologize in advance. I'll do what I can.
  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger pete said...

    i saw franz early in their tour (in lawrence, kansas). take my advice...SKIP YOUR PRESENTATION and GO SEE THEM!

    12:40 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    jack lord - Trust me, if skipping my presentation was an option I would. I've already seen them twice already so I know what I'm missing out on - but guess I'll just have to wait until the next time they come around :(

    torr - You're so clever!

    2:53 PM  
    Blogger kc said...

    I was at the same show as jack lord - it was amazing!!! Sorry you're gonna miss it.

    Good luck on your presentation.

    9:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i agree!! we live in the wrong continent. i say lets move!

    3:36 AM  
    Blogger King Hippo said...

    Wait, why is it important that Chris Martin outbid Bono?

    2:06 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home