Friday, October 07, 2005

dirty pretty things

  • Carlos Barat has named his new band Dirty Pretty Things. It’s pretty much the Libertines line-up with Pete and John taken out and Didz put in. Which is a good thing.
  • Today's Pete Doherty headline... "Don't kill yourself".
  • Kasabian just can’t stop kissing Oasis’ ass.
  • Placebo singer Brian Molko has spawned.
  • Loads of musicians have banded together to record a tribute to John Peel - a cover of The Buzzcocks classic "Ever Fallen In Love".
  • Big Star have a new official website where you can hear clips from the new album.
  • Dodge has new Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs and Radiohead from the War Child compilation 'Help: A Day In The Life'. Buy it anyways cos it's all for a good cause.
  • I have a crush on Rachel Stevens! I've been listening to her new song "I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)" a LOT considering how crap it is (in a it'll-never-be-"Some Girls" kinda way)! I just can't resist!
  • HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADA! Enjoy the long weekend! I'll be back on Tuesday!
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I didnt like ol' Stevens song but fourth time I heard it I LURVED it! You're right tho, its no 'Some Girls'.

    11:32 AM  
    Blogger Dodge said...

    just when i was beginning to think you didn't love me anymore...you go and totally redeem yourself. much love to you my sweet baboo.

    1:15 AM  
    Blogger Gilberto said...

    Was great seeing you friday night at Lee's. I was a bit knackered, so sorry if i seemed bummed out. Hope your thing turned out well.

    Take lots of care Honey Bunny (gotta try and beat "sweet baboo" somehow :P )

    G.

    1:45 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Sazz - It's definately a grower! It took a few listens for me to get into "So Good" too!

    Dodge - Aw, you never forget your first Internet husband ;)

    Gilberto - Aw, I'm glad I ran into you again!! And yes, I think the date "thing" turned out ok!

    9:29 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awww go brian. Nice to see him getting in touch with his straight side.

    3:33 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home