Thursday, November 17, 2005

popular culture no longer applies to me

  • Belle & Sebastian have unveiled the new album's tracklisting. In the meantime you can check out a clip of Belle & Sebastian concert special taped for BBC Scotland. (Link from You Aint No Picasso)
  • The Flaming Lips are back with new music. Follow the NME links because I'm too busy to do it myself.
  • Nada Surf roll back into Toronto on March 11th.
  • In case you missed it yesterday, a bunch of bloggers compiled a list of 'The Top 40 Bands in America Today'... I can assure you there's a Canadian edition in the works.
  • I swore I saw a nipple! And it seems I wasn't the only one! Mischa Barton really did have a nipslip in last week's episode of The O.C.!
  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the fact that green day's #7 on that list can only mean one thing.....
    not sure what, but it cant be good.

    8:36 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    Miss Valerie:

    So I've been out of the loop for a little bit here... A few comments on your posts today and this week:

    1) I'm so jeleous of you seeing Art Brut and Arctic Monkeys the same week! Lately, everybody is skipping Minneapolis (Art Brut, Arctic Monkeys, Stellastarr*, Supergrass, etc.)! Then again AMs are skipping everybody except for NYC, LA, Toronto, and San Franciso. You are very lucky up in Toronto!

    2) Judging from your posts, Art Brut was a better show than Arctic Monkeys. Is that so? I can see that... those poor AMs, too much hype... they're just kids.

    3) As for the top 40 list. Yeah, a bit of a shame, I mean come on, "The National" at No. 2?

    4) Looking forward to the Canadian edition of the top 40 list! So many great acts... In my mind it's a toss-up between Wolf Parade, The Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, The Constantines, and Stars. I'd probably go with Wold Parade...

    OK, long enough of a comment. I like the new picture in the "about me" section and with Art Brut.

    As always, thanks for posting great stuff every day... Makes my work day a bit more fun...

    I hope you're staying warm up there in Toronto, cuz it's fookin' cold down here in Minneapolis!

    10:43 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Anonymous - I'm not even going there...

    rocknrollstar - Hey, great to hear from ya! And yes, while I didn't actually say it, I did think Art Brut were more impressive than Arctic Monkeys... And as for the list I can assure you that the Canadian equivilant will be great (almost every band you mentioned were in my top 10)... Anyway, gotta get to class, take care!!

    Alice - I kind of have to agree with you on that one. "She Don't Use Jelly" was tops.

    1:18 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home