Monday, January 30, 2006

stumble home is a haze

  • Arctic Monkeys' 'Whatever People Say That I Am, That's What I'm Not' is now the UK's fastest-ever selling debut album. 363,735 sales in its first week... Not too shabby.
  • Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke of The Smiths reunited at a charity concert in Manchester this weekend and played some of the classics. Sounds like a great night.
  • Pete Doherty has escaped a charge of driving under the influence of drugs because there was insufficient evidence he was at the wheel. He's back in court facing drug charges on February 8th.
  • Because Pete Doherty's stuck in police custody for the next two weeks he wont be able to appear in The Streets new vid for "When U Wasn’t Famous" as planned.
  • My favourite radio station is launching XFM Manchester and have loads of greats including Clint Boon (Inspiral Carpets), Guy Garvey (Elbow), Andy Rourke (The Smiths) and Tony Wilson hosting shows.
  • Good news: Morrissey is playing SXSW! Bad news: I wont be there! :(
  • Sugababes will be releasing a cover of Arctic Monkeys "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" as a b-side. Sweet.
  • Here's a recent Arctic Monkeys bootleg.
  • My Mom heard on the radio this weekend that Melissa Auf der Maur was recently hired by EMI to do AR/talent scouting stuff.
  • Hard-Fi frontman Richard Archer is reportedly dating Scarlett Johansson. If it's true then he's one lucky man.
  • I want it to be the weekend again.
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is some interesting stuff about ScarJo and Richard Archer. I, too, am an xfm devotee. Its on all day at work for me. Keeps me sane. I think.

    3:42 PM  
    Blogger Honey said...

    scarlett and richard are dating? does anyone else find that bizarre? i love them both, but maybe not together...

    5:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    holy sh@t!!! I can't believe Morrisey is going to be at SXSW, I'm so glad I'm going. well, love if you change your mind you can always join us!
    now I guess I can go back to wearing my free Pete doherty shirt...

    6:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I always thought Scarlett would have a better taste in music. Sucks that Pete won't be in The Streets video, too; that would have been awesome.

    1:45 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Anonymous 1 - I'd like to think it too keeps me sane through my all-nighters!

    Honey - Such a weird unexpected match. That girl sure gets around!

    Melissa - I am so jealous you're gonna get to see Morrissey! Sigh! But I also want to point out that today I broke out the "Pete Doherty Is Innocent" shirt to support my fallen comrade.

    Anonymous 2 - I couldn't imagine anything cooler than Mike Skinner and Pete Doherty collaborating together.

    2:44 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home