Monday, January 16, 2006

we love the white stuff

  • After experiencing what has thus far been the most snow-free Canadian winter of my lifetime, I am happy to announce that there is a fine dusting of the white stuff outside (in the Niagara region anyway)! Run to your windows and take it all in before it melts!
  • Pete Doherty managed to get arrested again over the weekend. At least it's something he's really good at.
  • The White Stripes will guest star in an episode of The Simpsons. And Meg's right, the Lisa episodes are pretty boring.
  • Morrissey's UK spring tour dates have been announced. He better be planning on crossing the pond shortly thereafter!
  • There is a new'ish Morrissey Q&A over at True To You. Lots of animal-rights ranting so my Mum would be proud.
  • Torr has a link to the new Placebo single "Because I Want You" and I have to agree that it's pretty disappointing.
  • I just saw the Arctic Monkeys new music video for "When The Sun Goes Down" and boy is it odd!
  • British Sea Power have lost a member. Keyboardist Eamon Hamilton left the group to focus on his other job being singer in Brakes.
  • The new Elefant single "Lolita"... I don't think I like it.
  • Lots of awesome people are playing shows in Toronto the first week of April! Art Brut are at the Horseshoe on April 1st, Beth Orton's at the Carlu on April 6, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah hit Lee's Palace on April 8th. I love life. Thank you For The Records for making my day!
  • Hard-Fi frontman Richard Archer is mad at the Brit Awards for leaving Sugababes and Girls Aloud out of the the Best Pop Act category. It doesn't seem right to me either.
  • It's kinda old news but, incase you didn't already know, Chris Martin (Coldplay) and Gwyneth Paltrow are expecting another child (with a silly name).
  • Kate Moss will be celebrating her 32nd birthday today with a low-key dinner party.
  • And because I guess some people don't like Kate Moss... The Mosstril 5000
  • It seems Britney Spears has traded in Kaballah for Hinduism. How trendy of her.
  • I saw Brokeback Mountain yesterday (very exciting for a fan of boy-touching like myself) and it was incredibly beautiful. I really recommend it.
  • Um, I love cheeseburgers. That is all.
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aha - poor girl to be with such a Scummy Man....

    And it sure is prodding my brain as to what fruit Gwenyth has in mind this time round...

    1:43 PM  
    Blogger Thigh Master said...

    i love cheesburgers more than burgcheesers!!

    9:53 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't believe you don't like Elefant's new song. it's ace. by the way are you going to sxsw?

    1:13 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    penguin - word.

    thigh master - thats why we like you!

    melissa - maybe it will grow on me?

    10:11 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think its so sweet when placebo release new material. they try so hard to make their sound different and exciting, but it always ends up the same... maybe there is a "placebo" dial on their soundboard that they havent managed to find and turn down yet? until they do, they will be the status quo of rock.

    secondly, how sad is brian molko's hair line? he was once so beautiful...

    6:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home