Thursday, April 20, 2006

4-20

  • Pete Doherty's not going to jail (even though he should). He has however been given 2 years probation, ordered to go to rehab, and has been banned from driving for 6 months. Sigh. The saga continues.
  • Speaking of the Devil, Pete Doherty is planning a Johnny Cash-style prison gig for his former prison buddies.
  • New music from the Kaiser Chiefs is online. Thank you YouTube.
  • The Rakes are planning a gig in a London kebab shop. That's genius.
  • For the records tells me that The Charlatans are coming back to Toronto (at the Phoenix) on May 22. I love seeing them live - if only to see Tim Burgess do his little tongue flicks as he sings. Sigh.
  • Take Your Medicine's picture is featured in the NME's how-to for making a podcast.
  • Mick Jagger's is negotiations to have a role in a new TV pilot. Sounds pretty pathetic to me.
  • Matthew McConaughey saves cats from being burned alive. And he smokes dope. So that makes him an appropriate Hero Of The Day for all you wasters out there celebrating 4-20.
  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok so I tried to post this and it didn't work so hopefully you won't get it twice. Anyway, I stole this from someone at popbitch:

    a 2 year supervision order combined with 18 months rehab puts him under much more scrutiny than a 4 month sentence. He'll have to make contact with probation on a daily basis. If he goes inside, his slate has been wiped clean, which never helps junkies. If he continues to breach his orders, he can still go to prison AND have drug treatment. Prisons are not olbiged to give drug treatment to those serving less than 12 months. However, if started drug treatment before being sent to prison, then they have to maintain that treatment.

    And I love me some Tim Burgess

    12:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow good part on McConaughey for saving that cat cremation. Not only does he smoke dope, I hear he's quite good on the bongos as well - ah, makes us Austinites proud...

    7:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm amazed they only gave him a six month driving ban. That man should not be allowed behind the wheel of a car EVER AGAIN.
    Him and Ed Belfour.

    7:19 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Claire - Aw, thanks for the 411. I feel a bit better knowing he has a lot more restrictions because, truth be told, if I was in London I wouldn't want a nut like Pete (who's obviously on drugs) driving around on the same city streets as me.

    Rebecca - OMG! It's true! What a dumbass!

    Penguin - Yeah I quite fancy McConaughey as a person (i.e. he seems like a fun guy to party with) but I don't care for his "acting" or "films" much.

    Dart - I couldn't agree with you more. His mother should make him sell his 9 Jags and invest it for his poor kids before he BLOWS it and/or dies.

    11:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home