Monday, June 12, 2006

street meat

  • NXNE is over and done with and although I didn't attend any shows I can honestly say that I don't feel like I missed anything... Or did I?
  • Jon Brion has tendonitis... which naturally impedes his music-making abilities.
  • Kylie made a brief comeback at her sister's show in London on Saturday night.
  • Billy Bragg has pulled his music from MySpace. Could this finally be the beginning of the backlash I've been hoping for?
  • Nelly Furtado beat all the World Cup songs and made it to #1 on the charts in the UK! Well done!
  • There was a really great article about Mike Skinner (The Streets) in The Guardian on Saturday.
  • When Kate Moss vomits she's got Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream) to hold her hair back. That's rock'n'roll!
  • After Dirty Pretty Things festival debute at Isle of Wight over the weekend, frontman Carl Barat went home with his Mum. How cute is that!
  • If there ever was a reason to watch the MTV Movie Awards this Gnarls Barkley perormance was it!
  • As if I didn't adore Anderson Cooper enough... He has fantastic taste in music too! Bless his heart!
  • I've been invited to go to a baseball game tonight... Don't tell anyone but I'm just going for the excuse to eat a hot dog. Seriously.
  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger wonderbug said...

    re: gnarls barkley - mtv awards.
    that was the Movie Awards...the Music Awards haven't happened yet.
    Usually late summer - early fall.

    the bug

    11:57 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thanks! By the way, I like your Lily Allen album track-by-track!

    12:32 PM  
    Blogger wonderbug said...

    thanks...i can't stop playing it...

    1:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you would have liked UK's The Duke Spirit who played at Reverb this past Thursday during NXNE.

    1:18 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Chris - Ooh that's brilliant! Thanks!

    Mike - Yeah, I caught them live in Manchester two years ago and loved it!

    1:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home