Monday, July 03, 2006

adventures in new technology

Hey, hope everyone had a great weekend! I did - and now I feel like showing off a bit about some of the things I did and took pictures of with my new cell phone (its a Nokia 6682).

I made it out to the final screening at The Revue on Friday night.The Revue - before the line formed. Photo taken with my Nokia 6682.It was a very popular and bittersweet event.
Waiting in line at The Revue. Photo taken with my Nokia 6682.I enjoyed the film ("Lawrence of Arabia") very much despite my numerous complaints of its length and the initial anxiety caused by the wait in line, and after gaining admittance, the old bitches who were hatin’ on us for saving seats despite the occasion also marking my significant other's birthday celebrations. All in all, good times. Save the revue.

Oh and Saturday night I went and saw The Dears free Canada Day show at Harbourfront Centre. They played a good mix of the new and old (the new songs sound very very good) and put on a great show for an eclectic crowd.
The Dears from far away. Photo taken with my Nokia 6682.The Dears from the patio beside the stage. Photo taken with my Nokia 6682.Oh and just for fun, here's a picture of me watching the band and subsequently looking angry because I always look seriously pissed off when I concentrate. True story.I'm not really angry.I also tried out my new phone's multimedia capabilities but I’m still getting the hang of it… Here’s a short video of the band jamming and me trying to capture the pretty fireworks happening simultaneously. I want to get better at this newfangled technology stuff and be able to post more stuff for you kids.

Anyway, I just wanted to show off a bit. Thanks for indulging me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Cool, thanks for the photos!

Love the site!

How's the job search going?

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you took those pics and that video with your phone? I've been thinking about getting a new phone. Is that the new Razer or something?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Bob - Thanks Bob! And I'm ashamed to say I'm still jobless :(

Anonymous - Hey, its actually the new(?) Nokia 6682. Its got a fancy built-in camera for taking pictures and video. It's my new fun toy!

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That takes great pictures, my old phone (it broke) took okay pictures, but nothing like that.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Cory - Yeah, my cell phone (Motorola V220) died two months ago and it was a cemraphone but it didn't compare to this new one (Nokia 6682) I got! I'm pretty blown away with it! The camera is like 1.3 megapixels! And its an Mp3 player too so its pretty much the best thing that happened to me all week :)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home