Tuesday, July 04, 2006

its back to work we go

  • The nominees for Canada's new Polaris Music Prize have been announced. It's a great list - so great that I think most of that list deserves to win!
  • I'm still not ready to talk about the World Cup upsets over the weekend but Lily Allen has a few things to say ... Speaking of, apparently our girl is headed for #1. Oh and she's sadly been dumped recently by what has to be THE DUMBEST MAN ever.
  • Jarvis Cocker has posted a new solo track on his MySpace site. It's good to have him back.
  • Snow Patrol have posted pictures of singer Gary Lightbody's damaged vocal chord on the internet. Geez, it's okay, we believe you!
  • After being dropped by their label, Babyshambles are releasing an independent single "Beg, Steal or Borrow". Hear it here (I'm not blown away).
  • Torr rules at life for directing me to this documentary clip with Brett Anderson and Justine Frischmann.
  • I forgot to tell everyone last week but I'm going to Osheaga in Montreal at the end of summer.
  • Pop Poet has written some new prose - I'm quite fond of "Justin's SexyBreakfast".
  • What happened to Keira Knightley?
  • Thierry wins the prize for finding the (his words) "Most. Mysogynistic. Product. Ever." on sale at Toronto's own Honest Ed's.
  • Happy Fourth of July to my American readers!
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    congrats on Osheaga!
    it's gonna be amazing.

    11:34 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I tend to believe that nothing happened to Keira, I thought it was common knowledge that she was outspoken about not having breasts, and that her cleavage in movies is usually air-brushed make up and falsies. I think the dress is just so damn awful it makes her look even more gaunt.

    5:00 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Sam - Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it and just seeing Montreal again!

    Michelle - A wee bit too skinny!

    CPD - Yes, it could be great if he won over the likes of BSS and co. just to shake things up a bit. And yeah, Lily Allen is God and knows all.

    Chelsea Doll - I guess I just didn't remember her chest being so flat and her ribs sticking out so much. I think with the dress it does kinda give off a 70's crack whore vibe... I'll still worship her scrawny ass!

    8:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Has Justine Frischmann put on some weight or what.

    11:30 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Torr - Yeah she's definitely looking a bit chubbier - but maybe just because we're just accustomed to seeing her looking like a scrawny boy!

    10:02 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home