Monday, October 23, 2006

disappearances

  • Sorry I disappeared at the end of last week... I forgot to mention I was away at a conference but I'm back now :)
  • The new Lily Allen video for "Littlest Things" is very boring.
  • Thom Yorke admits his favourite Radiohead song is "How To Disappear Completely" from Kid A. He reckons "it's the most beautiful thing we ever did".
  • The Guardian talks to Razorlight frontman Johnny Borrell.
  • CBC looks at The Killers (and other bands) growing facial hair for artistic credibility.
  • Kaiser Chiefs have spent the past 6 weeks recording 22 songs to consider for their next album.
  • Girls Aloud had some harsh words for Pete Doherty last week like "I guess that if you like brown teeth and mouldy fingers, he's your guy". Those mean-spirited (yet talanted and physically attractive) bitches!
  • I went to the Toronto Raptors FANFEST yesterday. Worst organized event I've ever seen (in terms of orchestrating the massive crowd) but once I was inside the ACC after lining up with thousands outside in the cold rain everything got significantly better and it was, dare I say, fun!
  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    val, are you getting all sporty like your mom? this is just such a shock.

    -markus

    2:06 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Markus - I'm not quite as sporty as her yet but the boy has inspired me to try to learn the joys of basketball! What are you up to these days? Do you ever pass by Burlington or visit Toronto?

    9:31 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Holla, How the hell are you? Long time no talk to. Guess which member of Franz Ferdinand is spending is birthday at the home of your blogger buddy Keith Boadwee? Let it suffice to say it's not one Mr. Alex Krapanus, uh, I mean Kapranos! Ha Ha! If you're in the neighborhood you're always welcome.

    The Blood Arm are in the U.K. now and they're a big hit I tell you. Have you heard the record yet?

    Yours truly had a night on the tiles with Art Brut and We are Scientists the other ovening. I'm afraid we're getting a bit old for all of this but I just can't help being the Pamela des Barres of the homosexual set!

    Yours as ever,

    K. Boadwee

    6:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i havent really been out of st. kitts in a long long time actually, BUT am hoping that will soon change. I'm going to the raptors home opener. I would definitely be up for a hangout sometime in the near future, email me what your schedule's like.

    -markus

    6:32 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home