Wednesday, July 27, 2005

heckle me! i dare you!

  • Dodge has TONS of stories and photos from his weekend at Lollapalooza.
  • The Tears talk about their reconciliation to XFM.
  • Stereophonics have settled with former drummer, and all around awesome guy, Stuart Cable. I think the figure I read was $1.8 million (US).
  • Patrick Wolf has been placed on police bail. Shitty.
  • Johnny Depp offers some advice on being a father to Pete Doherty. It's about time someone did.
  • Idlewild’s Roddy Woomble confesses to an internet addiction. Join the club Roddy.
  • Bez pimps out his van for the ladies with a special vibrating orgasm seat. Bless.
  • Brian Jonestown Massacre play The Phoenix tonight. I think I’m the only person I know who’s not going… and I’m cool with that.
  • Nicky Hilton says Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie will kiss and make up. We can only hope.
  • If your gonna use an excuse for missing work at least make sure its an entertaining one.
  • My beautiful friend Mariah just discovered Toothpaste For Dinner. We both like this one (since we're both Communications majors)... It's funny because it's true.
  • 12 Comments:

    Blogger Punk is Dead said...

    I wonder how many people, since the release of that movie Dig, go to Brian Jonestown Massacre shows in hopes that they will bear witness to meltdown?

    10:52 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    From what I've heard, every BJM show IS a meltdown.

    10:57 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, I decided against making a big sign with "I feel so bohemian like you" for Anton. After all, you never know what these Americans might be packing...

    And Toothpaste For Dinner is by far (okay, just ahead of Defamer - especially now that Perez Hilton seems to have jumped the shark - Lindsayism or Allmusic) my favourite source of online procrastination. The GY!BE cartoon is a classic.

    12:05 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thierry - Good call man. I know I wouldn't dare provoke (or even make eye contact) with Anton. Have fun tonight!

    Oh and you couldn't be more right about Perez Hilton jumping the shark... I fear Pink Is The New Blog will be next.

    3:37 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    That Tears article is great. I cannot believe I’ve yet to hear that disc. Brett Andersen is such a character. I gotta visit me a music store and soon.

    Thank God for Johnny Depp. I can’t say I’m a huge fan of his acting work but I respect the dude for speaking his mind on issues and things he believes. Pete could use a swift kick to the head and I hope Johnny’s talk helps.

    As per Bez, that news is hilarious. Although he may not have done a whole lot in the Monday’s he’s my favourite for doing crazy stuff just like that. That man knows how to live life.

    Thierry you so should've done that. That sign is brilliant.

    Really, you think Perez jumped the shark and that Pink is next? I gotta say I have faith in my man Trent—you gotta love a dude who rocks pink.

    I’m still down with Perez. I wrote something about his fight with the Post's Page Six and the dude somehow tracked it down and thanked me in the comment section. Now that's class.

    9:17 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Trent has become Joel from Good Charlotte's bitch... Cant get much lower than that.

    9:50 PM  
    Blogger Chris said...

    i think it's hilarious that joel from gc reads trent like everyday. what a douche. wait i read trent every day too. shit.

    11:02 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Damn selective memory I totally blocked out that Joel from Good Charlotte post. Trent's cool enough that I'm willing to overlook that one incident. But if it continues I might have to take drastic action.

    1:47 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    By the way, just to update you on last night's PFAH!-bulous (gratuitous Full House reference) BJM show last night: lovely opening band, The Quarter After (jingling and jangling Rickenbacker 12-string guitars still make my heart melt), and nearly two-and-a-half hours of droney loverock from mister Newcombe and friends. The cd that was playing for their big entrance started skipping, he broke a guitar four songs in, left the stage for a ten-minute cigarette break, and heckled an audience member for a good five minutes...but there were no meltdown and no prolonged rants, just really, really great music, an astonishing drummer (I'm surprised he didn't die onstage), beautiful guitar freakouts, and a surprisingly gracious Anton, who seemed genuinely happy to be playing for such a large crowd (the biggest of the tour - Lollapalooza excluded). Oh, and he also called his mom on his cell from the stage.

    See, you didn't miss anything. ;-)

    5:13 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dammit. Feel free to skip a "last night" in that first sentence.

    5:14 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Awww... That sounds pretty good... For a band I have absolutely no desire to listen to.

    I kinda wish I had gone for the entertainment value tho.

    5:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, sure, they're no Bluetones. ;-)

    5:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home