Tuesday, July 19, 2005

wide-eyed and open-mouthed

  • Mercury Prize nominees have been announced! They include Bloc Party, Hard-Fi, Kaiser Chiefs, MIA, The Magic Numbers, Coldplay, Antony And The Johnsons, and Maximo Park amoung others.
  • Clor's video for "Love & Pain" has some incredible dance moves.
  • And speaking of hot dance moves... I can't believe I had never seen this OK Go video for "A Million Ways" before. That backyard dance routine is fuckin solid.
  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dude! They did that dance at the concert when they opened up for Kaiser Cheifs. It was amazing. And then Tim (the bass player, ie. the guy lip syncing in the video) gave Olga a DVD copy of it! ~Alana

    11:36 AM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    I was shocked to see Coldplay on the list 'cause I always thought that the nominations for the Mercury had a condition that prevented you from being nominate if the album’s sales had exceeded a ceiling. Since Coldplay was nominated that’s clearly not the case. I must have thought the rules for the Shortlist Music Prize and the Mercury prize were similar. Despite the bookie’s odds favouring the Kaisers my money’s on Maya. I think she most deserving, but the Go! Team come a close second. I wouldn’t want to have to make the decision there’s a lot of quality nominees.

    Alana’s totally right. From what I remember this is pretty much the “flava” dance routine OK Go did in place of an encore at the Kaiser’s show. I was cursing myself for not having a video camera to record it. Now that’s you’ve graciously shared this link, I’ve got the next best thing. You truly are awesome at life my Dear.

    9:46 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Alana - I still can't believe I wasn't there.

    Torr - You know everything! I aspire to be you!

    MikeD - I dont care who wins the prize as long as its not Coldplay... Actually I want Kaisers to win but if they had to lose to anyone I'd want it to be MIA.

    3:56 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home