Thursday, July 21, 2005

i have gone too far in my lifelessness

I heart Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
  • Sophie Ellis-Bextor got married to her baby’s daddy in Italy last month! We love her!
  • NME has an update on what the fuck is going on with Babyshambles.
  • Spiritualized's Jason Pierce is in hospital recovering from a mystery illness that almost killed him.
  • According to an XFM survey, The Greatest Indie Band anyone can possibly imagine creating is... Muse?
  • Stream the new Stellastarr* single "Sweet Troubled Soul". They’re coming to town September 10 at the Horseshoe Tavern.
  • Tonight Turin Brakes have an early show at The Mod Club... The Dead 60’s have a show there on August 19 as do my current favourite dirty old men Louis XIV who are playing there September 2nd.
  • J-Lo’s producing a new show called South Beach which sounds exactly like The O.C.
  • I heart Sienna Miller. Way to put on a brave face kid.
  • An Ode to Tim Allen. Because I think my friends are funny.
  • 7 Comments:

    Blogger fortey said...

    J.Lo wouldn't do something contrived or substandard ever. Not ever. Neither would Ben Affleck or Michael Bay or Joel Schumacher or Britney Spears. Ever.

    2:00 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Del Fuego - I dunno man, it takes balls to steal so shamelessly.

    2:33 PM  
    Blogger Dodge said...

    soooo...you haven't linked to me pretty much, maybe once, since you've been back. Did we grow apart in your time away? Have you outgrown me? I feel...a distance...

    I mean, i didn't expect you to be loyal really, it's not that kind of relationship, we've both known that. I've given you a long rope, so to speak, even let you have other blog boyfriends - which I've noticed our special links have been deleted as well.

    Are you breaking up with me?

    sniff, sniff...*tear drops*

    4:27 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Dodge,
    You're totally right. I'm a total asshole.
    I haven't linked to you or anyone else in ages but the real truth is just that I'm working 10 hours days (mostly out of the office) and then go to the gym for another 2 so the only time I can find to update my blog is the 20 minutes I make to scour music news sites at 7am... But I still read your blog everyday and I was even tempted to link to your post on Metric which I thought was cute for an American just getting into them... So yeah, I'll try to make more time for you baby and give you the link love you so rightfully deserve. <3

    5:43 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    Thanks for the new Stellastarr* single update... I love it... not much of a change from the previous material, however just as good.

    I had a chance to hang out with these guys (and arguably the finest bass player alive) last time they played in Minneapolis/St. Paul... I'm very dissapointed they're skipping us this tour-leg... then again, so is Bloc Party, playing in Toronto, but not here...

    I hope Stellastarr* updates their website at some point!

    9:48 PM  
    Blogger fortey said...

    You know who I blame? Vanilla Ice. When he stole that riff from Under Pressure the whole industry went into the shitter.

    11:11 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    rocknrollstar - I'm happy to help :)
    Perhaps you need to move to Toronto? Just a suggestion!

    del fuego - Everyone always blames Vanilla Ice.

    4:34 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home