Tuesday, August 16, 2005

happy britpop day!

  • The 10th Anniversary of Britpop is upon us! I encourage you to worship however you see fit! Read all about it's origins! And if you live in the UK watch the specials airing tonight on BBC Four (I'd also appreciate if someone could try to tape it for me please)!
  • PETA are honouring Morrissey at their 25th Anniversary Gala! Sadly, Moz will not be attending the event next month.
  • Poor old Leonard Cohen is broke.
  • Pete Doherty needs to learn to be discreet.
  • Esquire magazine named Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos one of the Best Dressed Men In The World.
  • Oasis are insulted Maroon 5 are on the same bill with them. Rightfully so.
  • Shaun Ryder's gone on a diet. I'd say something rude here but I'm not in a position to judge.
  • The Sun have a feature on Lady Sovereign.
  • Mike at Take Your Medicine is back in action!
  • Read my girl Sarah's review of "Last Days" for Chart.
  • Tonight you can bet I'll be watching "Tommy Lee Goes To College".
  • Another reason to love Janice Dickinson!
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger King Hippo said...

    You forgot to mention that today marks the 28th anniversary of the passing of Elvis Presley, without whom none of the artists you mentioned would doing what they do.

    11:25 PM  
    Blogger kc said...

    Back to The Libertines for a minute...I really like how you put it in yesterday's comments: their music spoke to me. How true. Great tunes!

    I'm really curious to hear Carl's next project. BTW, have you seen Babyshambles' video for "F*** Forever"? Sad to see someone's potential evaporate before our eyes!

    12:53 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    King Hippo - I'm not big on making a big fuss about when people DIED. I'd rather celebrate birthdays or things that are relavent to their LIFE (not death).

    Kc - Yeah, I have high hopes for Carlos' solo work. His talant has been so ignored (compared to Pete).

    9:28 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home