Friday, September 02, 2005

the best things come from nowhere

  • XFM's Xfest is awesome! Relive the glory of The Libertines with this spectacular performance from the good old days! And by "good old days" I mean 2002.
  • Franz Ferdinand have new behind-the-scenes video clips every week until the new album's release.
  • The White Stripes announced details of their first ever live webcast.
  • Elijah Wood to play Iggy Pop? Seriously? Frodo?
  • Louis XIV are playing a show at The Mod Club tonight. I'd go but I can't afford to drive there and buy a ticket. Ah, I'm back to feeling like a broke student again.
  • So "The Husband" raved to me about this song by Guillemots called "Made Up Love Song #43". Torr posted a link to a jukebox where you can hear it (just click through a few tracks until you find it). It's cute but not as spectacular as I had hoped.
  • I still haven't heard from anyone that went to Paris Hilton's appearance in Toronto yesterday.
  • I really like Charlotte Church. Not her singing or anything - but, like, her drinking and partying and PDAs with her boyfriend.
  • I'm halfway moved back into my apartment. First night back and my dishwasher decided to overflow with bubbles... At least my guests found it entertaining.
  • Have a great long weekend everyone! Enjoy the last of summer!
  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thank you so much for posting the link to the libs show. i will forever be in debt. in another note, find somebody nice to give you gas and drag your ass to louis XIV, they are amazing live and a group of really cool guys. one word of advice: watch out for the guys, they are major groupie lovers and will talk you into pretty much anything. i've seen it!!

    5:10 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm pretty sure your vehicle will run on dishwasher soap bubbles. give it a shot.

    - tiom

    6:16 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, the good old days of The Libs, back when Pete and Carl were still shagging! -nostalgic sigh-

    And I'm more than a little gobsmacked . Elijah Wood as Iggy Pop? WTF, anyone?

    12:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    best photos ever.

    We bring the party, yes?

    1:13 PM  
    Blogger Jason said...

    Cool blog. And you are a blog veteran with great taste in music too. That's awesome.

    4:26 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    anonymous - thanks so much! i'm glad you enjoyed it! oh and i missed the Louis XIV show but its okay cos i've seen them live before :)

    tiom - i'm pretty sure i'm not willing to try that but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

    creativepseudo - that video of the libertines reminds me of why i still love pete despite his many faults since being booted from the band... he and carl need to kiss and make up asap!

    chelsea doll - oh how you made me laugh! bless!

    jason - hey thanks jason!

    11:49 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home