Friday, August 26, 2005

in the morning

  • Today is my last day on the job and I have to start at 7am for our charity golf tournament so all you get today is a teeny tiny post... Gimme a break, IT IS 6am.
  • The "Who the Fuck Is Pete Doherty?" documentary is airing this weekend in the UK. Read an article about it. (Thanks KC!)
  • The White Stripes on the cover of the new Rolling Stone. Jack looks fucking strange (the new normal) and Meg's never looked better.
  • “People Need A Break From Us!” say Bloc Party. Damn right.
  • Noel Gallagher on The Futureheads... "Quite simply the fucking weirdest band in Britain. I've no idea what their music is about, or what it means, but I fucking like it."
  • There are rumours that Liam Gallagher and Nicole Appleton got hitched. I doubt it. He doesn't seem all that keen on commitment.
  • The new issue of Vice is 'The Animals Issue'.
  • The Carling Weekend (Reading and Leeds festivals) is all going down this weekend! Wish I was there!
  • 13 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I [heart] Meg. Ryan Adams may be talking out of his ass most of the time, but he wasn't far off when he said she's the most beautiful woman in the world.

    11:58 AM  
    Blogger kc said...

    wow - you've got a full day ahead!

    Here's a Pete article about the documentary that's to air over the weekend:

    http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article307763.ece

    1:44 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thierry - I used to disagree with that Ryan Adams statement... but I do think she's getting better now. Less cutesy, more woman-y.

    kc - Thanks! I was wondering what was happening with that! You're my hero!

    2:20 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Strange, that observation almost goes for Ryan as well. Less cutesy, more...actually, in his case it's "more indie-beardy."

    3:57 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    is wayne brady gonna have to chock a bitch??
    ps fuck yo couch fucktard

    4:30 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey anonymous, have a great weekend. -tiom

    8:01 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thierry - You're wrong about Jack. He didn't get manly. Or indie. He got all Micheal-Jackson-y.

    Anonymous - Unless this is another stupid TV joke I wont get (because I have a life).... C-H-O-K-E is how you spell choke. Perhaps you should read more and watch less television.

    Tiom - If you are this anonymous asshole I will beat you up.

    8:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wha? i am certainly not the anonymous asshole. though the possibility of physical contact with you sounds intriguing.

    don't you have the ability to view the IP of people leaving comments?

    - tiom

    8:17 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    I don't know about Meg being the most beautiful woman in the world but that's the best I've seen her look. It beats the tar out of that raccoon thing they were sporting a while back. Jack on the other hand…well i got nothing nice to say. That being said f I'm starting a band I want her to be my drummer—I love her stripped down style.

    8:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lets see dem titties. are you tittied-out big?

    9:13 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Valerie, I wasn't talking about Jack - I was talking about Ryan Adams. See the cover of Harp.

    http://harpmagazine.com/articles/table_of_contents/index.cfm?issue=200508

    10:08 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    MikeD - Oh God, I remember that raccoon look... Fucking awful!

    Thierry - Argh!! I blame my misunderstanding on sleep deprivation! Once again you prove to be right about everything!

    1:27 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Rock Snob is Hott.

    11:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home