Thursday, September 08, 2005

jiggles

Charlotte Church's new video is best enjoyed with the sound off
  • Help: A Day In The Life is being recorded today and will be available for download starting tomorrow.
  • Mike at Take Your Medicine made an awesome indie covers compilation avails for download.
  • Forgot "Rocktober" being the month for good gigs, this year it's all about November! Arctic Monkeys are scheduled to come to Toronto's Lee's Palace on Number 14th... yes that's the same night as Art Brut! What a killer double-bill! Im already convinced it'll be the best gig I'll see in Toronto all year!
  • The third season of The O.C. starts tonight!
  • The Daily Show with Jon Stewart was especially fucking brilliant the other night.
  • Jaysus! What happened to Victora Beckham?
  • The future of Tara Reid. Poor girl.
  • 9 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Got my Monkeys tickets for LA's show. So psyched! And Art Brut is playing in the same place the night before. I can rest when I'm dead.

    2:26 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    any chance of seeing a Rock Snob version of that jiggly Charlotte Churh gif anytime soon?

    - tiom

    3:25 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Anonymous - That's the spirit!!!

    toim - Ahahah, I wouldn't hold your breath ;)

    3:53 PM  
    Blogger Gilberto said...

    Must

    stop

    staring...

    need

    to

    browse

    away...

    G.

    9:31 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    Miss Valerie,

    Thanks so much for the link to Take Your Medicine's mix mp3 collection! Absolutely brilliant!

    The Charlotte Church animated gif is pretty funny... It's actually quite distracting while I'm typing this...

    I see you turned on "word verification"... you've been getting quite a bit of spam comments as well, huh?! I hate that shite!

    10:55 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    P.S. Can you believe you went 3 posts without mentioning Mr. Pete or Babyshambles?!!! You must be going through withdrawal by now...

    Hopefully this means Pete is staying out of trouble! Or maybe he's too busy with his new website? Have you checked it out?

    11:38 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    G - I am totally mesmerized.

    rocknrollstar -
    The word verification wasn't so much to do with spam as it had to do with the anonymous asshole hasslin me about my boobs and posting like 20 obnoxious posts at a time.

    And as for the Pete thing, well you spoke too soon cos he's back in the news today... but I have checked out Bala Chadha site but there just wasn't enough there to keep my attention for long.

    10:19 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Nah I think you're on your own there Sarah!

    6:20 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    Horray for Charlotte Church. When one buxom party starlet goes quiet and gets thin (LiLo) another one’s ready to pull the ol’ one up. The Call My Name Video and that gif are awesomely trashy in the ew-I-know-this-so-wrong-yet-cannot-help-but-stare kind of way.

    As per the Artic Monkeys and Art Brut gig, let me say damn it. Why do all the choice acts have to come to town while I’m out of it! Secondly, although I’d say that may very well be one of the top gigs in town this year the M.I.A. LCD Soundsystem double bill is some pretty stiff competition. You’ll have to let me know how they compare.

    Jon Stewart was in fine form in that edition of the Daily Show. But what I got really creeped out by that crackpot guest that night. I was fearing for Jon’s sanity when dude started promoting his book about politicians screwing up the country by getting people paranoid about the wrong thing. I see some validity in the argument but dude just came off as more of a conspiracy theorist than a professional academic. Why he was booked I still have no idea. I wish they’d just stick to the celebrity interviews, if I wanted a serious debate that he gets in with the political interviews, I’d turn to a real news source. The political interviews aren’t nearly as entertaining nor are they length enough to go into proper depth. Plus Stewart know he’s the comedian so he always tried to lighten things and sometimes it gets a little awkward.

    9:55 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home