Thursday, October 27, 2005

in the city that sounds nice

  • Kate Moss is outta rehab and on the loose! Thanks Fen!
  • Arctic Monkeys have some not-nice things to say about the Kaiser Chiefs.
  • Sweet! Franz Ferdinand are releasing 'The Fallen' as their next single in America (while the UK gets "Walk Away").
  • Coldplay have recruited director Anton Corbijn to direct the video for their forthcoming single "Talk".
  • No sex please, we're emo. "Celibacy rocks, says Weezer frontman". Right...
  • Alfie have split. How sad.
  • The Rakes make working for minimal pay look real good in their new video for "22 Grand Job". (Link from Torr)
  • Pitchfork actually have a cool feature this week on indie pop called "Twee As Fuck".
  • Ever wonder what happened to Justine Frischmann? Cos I sure do! Anyway, I heard on the radio yesterday that, aside from helping former roommate MIA launch her career, she's currently studying Psychology of Art at the University of Colorado.
  • Tabloid last night was brill. T'was lovely to see everyone, as always.
  • 11 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Long time reader, first time commenter.

    I was hoping to put a body to the snapshot that greets me every afternoon when I check your page, but alas it wasn't in the stars.

    I went to Tabloid last night hoping to say hello and tell you how much I enjoy your Blog but either you left too early or I arrived too late.

    Probably the latter.

    Maybe another time

    1:07 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Aw, thats too bad! I was all excited to meet new people!

    Did you have a good time?

    I was there from like 11-1 at the back hanging out by the bar and dancing... Le sigh! Hopefully we will meet another time!

    1:11 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Remember that time that we wore the same scarf?
    Awww, we're so cute, hehe.

    1:15 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    TWINS!
    Obviously we both just share good taste!

    Hope you did okay on your Spanish test!!!

    1:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    BBC says Kate Moss is out of rehab. Let the drama continue!

    1:20 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Bah! I totally just linked to it! Thanks!!!

    1:24 PM  
    Blogger Gilberto said...

    So for their Kraftwerk plagiarizing tune, Coldplay is using "Mr. iconic images of Depeche/U2".

    There is hope after all in those bland bedwetters.

    :P

    1:45 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Ahaha, when I think of Anton Corbijn I always think of Joy Division... which to me is as far from Coldplay as you can get.

    PS: Nice to see you last night!

    1:47 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thanks Hannah! I couldn't agree with you more about the Franz singles! I'm curious to see what the video (for 'The Fallen') will look like! I've only seen a few stills of "Walk Away" but I'm sure it'll be a doozy as well.

    Yeah. I just said doozy. I'm a nerd.

    2:52 PM  
    Blogger boadwee blog said...

    God, I LOVE Justine, and I think that the second Elastica album is CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED. One of THE all time great records. Completely different than the first yet equally brilliant.

    Headed to LA for the weekend.

    Cheers,

    Boadwee

    1:28 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Oh I totally agree! I'm so in love with her!
    Have a good one in LA!

    1:29 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home