Friday, February 24, 2006

gin on a schoolnight.

  • I need to stop going out on weeknights.
  • Here's a list of who won what at the NME Awards. Some of my boys did quite well - Pete Doherty won Sexiest Male (but even I am baffled by this) and Ricky Wilson won Best Dressed (well-deserved). Oh and incase you're interested in seeing how Ian Brown looks compared to Jarvis Cocker, here's a small gallery of pics from the night.
  • Oh and this is what Pete Doherty looked like. Not so sexy.
  • I didn't know this but apparently Ricky Wilson (Kaiser Chiefs) has split with his girlfriend.
  • The Guardian has the stories behind 12 classic songs.
  • Chris Clark hooked me up with "The Gap (Between The Rich And The Poor)" from Vancouver's You Say Party! We Say Die! I like it.
  • Pockettrax is a new site dedicated to sharing music - not reviewing it. How refreshing.
  • You have to check out this awesome Aziz Ansari comedy short over at Stereogum.
  • Gwens. So best.
  • Meghann told me about this... Brokeback To the Future.
  • Still bored? Monk-e-mail is fun.
  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the kind words Val. I look forward to your one liners everyday. It must be my adult ADD...i just can't read a whole paragraph anymore. haha.

    cheers,

    raff
    www.pockettrax.com

    12:22 PM  
    Blogger modernmod said...

    Thats very sad to hear about Ricky Wilson and Fleur Fekkes (how hott a name is that!!). After the Kaiser Chiefs show at The Mod Club Theatre, I had dinner with Ricky, Damon Albarn and Danger Mouse. Ricky talked about how he couldn't cheat on Fleur because she was there for him and loved him when he had nothing and was just a school teacher. He truly loved her for that.

    2:17 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Akaraff - Thanks! Great idea for a site - gotta say I'm getting sick of other bloggers telling me what bands are cool!

    modernmod - Awwwwwwwwww! How sweet is he! And you couldn't be more right about her name being THE SEX.

    9:03 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    talulabaker - I'm on it! Thanks for keeping me cool!

    10:54 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home