Wednesday, February 08, 2006

miraculously let off the hook once again

Pete Doherty leaving court this morning!
  • Pete Doherty (still) a free man! He was in court this morning and was served with a 12-month community order after pleading guilty to possession of drugs. As part of his sentence he has to go to a drug rehab program for the next year and be tested for drugs once a month. Hurrah! Now he better not fuck this up!
  • Chart has a review of the Supergrass show (in TO) on Monday night.
  • You can listen to Belle and Sebastian "Live On Music: Response" over at the XFM site.
  • Torr has a stream of the new Embrace single, "Nature's Law".
  • Take Your Medicine has an Art Brut track entitled "NME My Enemy" (scroll to the bottom of the post) which is just ridiculous.
  • Ordinary Boys frontman Preston has been dumped by his girlfriend 5 days after proposing to her. I don't know why she ever said yes in the first place.
  • Keira and Scarlett naked. In the same picture. Genius idea... But Tom Ford being a pervy old man just ruins it for me.
  • Grammy Awards are on tonight for your entertainment if, like me, you classify entertainment as tuning in solely to judge people based on their outfits.
  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There was no reason to ruin that picture with Keira and Tom, was there? :(

    Oh, and Pete not fucking this up? Don't count on it...

    10:56 AM  
    Blogger Honey said...

    I've never actually seen Pete look that happy in a photo before. And I couldn't agree more about Tom Ford being pervy.

    1:22 PM  
    Blogger Me.Myself.I said...

    I seriously hope that Pete cleans himself up this time. I was listening to "Up the Bracket" the other day and damn, when those guys were good, they were good.

    2:17 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Thierry - Yeah, Scarlett's bum would have been enought for me. And as for our Pete, *Shhhh!*, Be optimistic!

    Honey - I think he really looks brilliant! Then again, he's prolly just happy to be out of jail!

    Me.Myself.I - You and me both! And yeah, The Libertines (and that album especially) were brilliant and far too underrated!

    6:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh god
    I wish I was as lucky as Pete
    I hope he realizes how lucky he is and doesn't fuck this chance up, but it's likely he will. *sigh*
    That Art Brut track is ace, though!

    8:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think its about time we start counting how many times Pete's warned "not to fuck (things) up!" - a few of these posts give me serious cases of deja vu....

    8:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home