Wednesday, February 08, 2006

sometimes it's fun to hate on famous people

Some thoughts on the Grammy's... Because I judge.
  • Madonna needs to stop trying to be sexy (i.e. running her tongue over her teeth, writhing suggestively, etc. ). It's just wrong.
  • Coldplay were terrible - correction - the band was good but Chris Martin was shit! He seriously needs to stop trying to be Bono. He also needs to stop bouncing around the stage and instead work on hitting notes and singing on key.
  • God bless Kelly Clarkson for bustin out the "ugly cry". Atta girl!
  • I will never forgive God for not making me Beyonce!
  • Paul McCartney + Jay-Z = Awkward! And yet cool! (I just ignored Linkin Park - as everyone should.)
  • I still hate country music. With good reason (as demonstrated by tonight's performances).
  • Mariah Carey did not look totally shit! Surprisngly. Mimi could stand to lay off the minidresses and tits... but she did sound great.
  • I love Kanye. He really is the hip hop Liam Gallagher. (I could do without the chesthair though!)
  • Fiona Apple is one moody-lookin broad.
  • Gwen Stefani's husband (aka Gavin Rossdale) stole Jude Law's look!
  • In the age old battle of Britney VS Christina - its now official: Christina won by a landslide! She looked great! And sounded even better! Three cheers for talant -- and not being white trash!
  • Queen Latifah: Fire your stylist!
What did you kids think?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember the last time a grammy show mattered. Is anyone genuinely upset or happy when someone wins or loses these things? To be fair, I only took in highlights of the show, saw some acceptance speeches,and clips of performances. But really. Meh. Absolutely nobody interesting. It's a fact that rich people cannot produce interesting music. Even Kanye. I can't stand songs that proclaim how much money one has. And Bono is like an embarrassing uncle who still wears shades and has a bald-long and tells shitty jokes. Chris Martin has Down's.
And the biggest crime of the night was that not even Walter Ostinek won an award for Canada.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was there something wrong with the sound during Coldplay's performance??

C. Martin sounded especially terrible last night.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Dodge said...

are you hatin' on Kelly?! you better not be!!! God love her and so do I.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Styeiles said...

yeah the grammy`s are more a Poularity contest than a Music contest...but I enjoyed Coldplay`s performance...I think if Chris didn`t jump around like an Idiot the performance woulda been boreing..CN

11:16 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Anonymous - Yeah but it didn't seem as shit this years as it has in the past... Maybe because it was helping me procrastinate.

TR - Nope. Chris Martin's voice was just garbage.

Dodge - Hells nah, I love Kelly!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"new" country is not real country, and because that's all you hear you'll never like it.

-markus

2:05 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Styeiles - I just miss old non-U2-wannabe Coldplay.

Markus - I'm still waiting on my country music appreciation lesson. Maybe you could schedule a lecture for me in a foreign country (and call it a conference) so I'd have another excuse to follow you on holiday again!

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't paying attention... did they give out awards and acceptance speeches? I think I blinked during the performance breaks.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really want to like Christina (love the "Stripped" album), but my GOD, she needs to stop oversinging everything. Possibly the most annoying music trend ever. That duet was horrid. They took a gorgeous song and ruined it with too many notes. Where was the freaking melody??? Both Christina and Herbie were guilty of this. Awful.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home