Friday, March 17, 2006

here's to a wet night and a dry morning

  • Lollapalooza line-up revealed. (Let's go to this one babe!)
  • The Smiths turned down a $5M reunion performance at Coachella. I can see why Morrissey wouldn't do it but I bet the other guys would have loved to take the money.
  • Bez (Happy Mondays) helped set a world record for maracas shaking on Wednesday as part of XFM Manchester's launch.
  • Dirty Pretty Things gig at SXSW was stopped by police.
  • James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire of the Manic Street Preachers are working on solo albums. I used to WORSHIP the Manics in their 'The Holy Bible' era.
  • Rumours that Kate and Pete are still together persist.
  • The Kooks were played on The O.C. last night! They're just about the only band I like these days!
  • It's British Invasion Week on The Edge if, like me, you can't get enough of the Ongoing History of New Music Archives "What Happened to Britpop?".
  • I saw these cute cheap clothes yesterday at the grocery store. Yes, I am so broke that clothes sold at a fucking grocery store excited me.
  • HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! Can anyone recommend a good place to hit up and get festive in Toronto tonight? Oh and remember that if you start seeing leprechauns you might want to lay off the green beer.
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the Kooks too! They play them on indie 103 here in LA. But I am too cheap to buy the import. Plus, I have this thing about helping good bands boost sales with their US releases, so I wait for the CDs to come out.

    1:21 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i agree. the kooks are one of the only bands that have me interested these days.
    ~alana

    10:06 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home