Thursday, March 02, 2006

moz and fonz

  • Just a quickie this morning cos I forgot I have a class (actually, 6 hours worth) to dash to!
  • Listen to NME's first podcast from this years Shockwaves NME Awards.
  • Arcade Fire, Bedouin Soundclash and Death From Above 1979 were winners at the Indies last night (kicking off Canadian Music Week).
  • Arctic Monkey's entered to American charts at #24. But what does it say when someone like James Bunt is #1?
  • The Fonz confirms friendship with Morrissey. Why am I not surprised.
  • Remember to watch the Brit Awards on CBC (at 8 EST) and Glastonbury 2005 coverage starting at 9 on MuchMoreMusic (and repeated again at midnight and tomorrow at noon or 4pm). I WILL HEART LIFE (and my television) TONIGHT.
  • I've actually been involved in something similar (on the QEW) back in high school but these kids took it to a whole new level... THE BEST ACT OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE EVER!
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know this is a little late, but I really am not please about the masses of corporate sponsorship surrounding the "Shockwaves NME Awards". What was wrong with calling it "The Brats"? It's turning into the thing that is started out to ridicule. The revolution has not only been televised, it's completely sold out.

    5:16 AM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    I didn't know you read this thing? I know what you mean, I've pretty much just been calling it the NME Awards but 'The Brats' was always what it should have been. Sigh.

    12:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home