Friday, May 12, 2006

breathe deeper

  • Remember Menswe@r? I sure do!
  • Dave Gahan has laryngitis which might result in Depeche Mode's US tour being cancelled.
  • Pete Doherty failed to turn up for his court appearance today.
  • An article about Hard-Fi in the Guardian titled "Birth of the Uncool". How apprpriate because as much as I want to hate them I just can't.
  • The lineup for NXNE has been announced. Notables include Television and The Buzzcocks and even a few Canadian artists I actually like.
  • Bloc Party have announced some US tour dates. Is it bad I don't give a shit?
  • Stereogum has Editors covering REM. If you're into that kinda thing.
  • Check out this film clip from Michel Gondry's new film "The Science of Sleep" starring the very sexy Gael Garcia Bernal. So fuggin weird.
  • "Why journalists shouldn't bother with those 'become the professional' features." (From Holy Moly!)
  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    miss valerie, surely you're not saying you don't like editors??

    they are brilliant!

    okay, this track is not wonderful but their own stuff is fab! :)

    issy

    3:39 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Menswear!!! My favourite one-chord wonder!!! ;)

    7:04 PM  
    Blogger Mike D said...

    There must be something seriously wrong with me becuase upon reading the title "Breathe Deeper", my brain immdiately went to Daydreamer. Menswe@r's signing always gets cited as an example of how seriosuly out-of-control Britpop had gotten and nothing beyond that. I think it's a little unfair. Sure they weren't exactly the most talent lot and they may have liked the idea of being rock stars more than being an actual band. Not to mention that if I were in their position you're damn right I'd have signed record deal if someone was dumb enough to throw money at me after only performing three gigs. But they had a couple of really catchy ditties and a pretty solid album—for that Nusiance holds a special spot in my library. 'Sides the rediculousness of the the at symbol aside I find it hard to hate a band with such a solid name.

    I really enjoyed the profile on Hard-Fi. I like the drive of those boys and I think they've got a pretty solid perspective on what they'd like to do, who their fanbase is and what that whole being a rockstar thing actual means.

    11:19 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Please pray for Dave Gahan.
    If not for his sake, then for mine, goddamnit.

    11:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow that journalist bit - its nothing short of hilarious to see that guy's face melt, go pale and then pretty much die....

    1:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    FYI: the DM shows in NY and NJ went on as planned, Gahan's voice was much better already, reportedly.

    4:41 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home