Monday, July 31, 2006

feeling peaky

  • Toronto Star reviews the Hillside Festival that happened in Guelph over the weekend. Did anyone go? I still haven't really heard anything about it or the Pitchfork Festival which also happened this past weekend in Chicago.
  • The final episode of Top Of The Pops aired last night. Louise Wener (Sleeper) writes for The Guardian about its end and Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand) also had something to say.
  • Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream) married his longtime girlfriend over the weekend.
  • Members of several hot young bands have signed up for a London FISHING competition.
  • The Pipettes have some harsh words for Pete Doherty, Dirty Pretty Things, Razorlight, The Kooks and The Horrors.
  • Bob Dylan and Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens) helped Cerys Matthews kick heroin.
  • Lily Allen covering "Naive" by The Kooks = Not very good. But I guess it's hard to try to match the greatness of the original.
  • Traclisting announced for those Pulp reissues.
  • The official "Snakes On A Plane" music video. SERIOUSLY!?!?!
  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    those pulp reissues are really what will be bringing sexy back this summer. i cant wait for all the b-sides.

    michael k

    5:31 PM  
    Blogger modernmod said...

    Holy shit! That Pulp reissue is the fuckin best news ever!!!

    5:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what is it with these new groups/girls talking so much shit about other groups/musicians?
    i actually like the pipettes but theres so much more that they, (and lily allen) could be doing with those dirty mouths of theirs...
    (yeah, you know what im talking about.)

    6:31 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    re; Pitchfork, I had something Monday, as did Chicagoist. Largeheartedboy has links to RollingStone and Village Voice reviews today. You might also check Youaintnopicasso, SKATTERBRAIN and Faubilst, who all had folks attending. Pretty good overall, a steal for the money, but as brutally hot as it seems to be in your neck of the woods today.

    12:49 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    michael k - Hey you! I couldn't agree more!

    modernmod - Yeah I predict dancing around my bedroom will increase by 200% with that re-release.

    Anonymous - Yeah I was kinda wondering the very same thing myself (regarding talking shit) but its prolly just because that's what us girls do... And I think they ought to be doing more SINGING with their mouths instead of trash-talkin. :p

    karl - Whoa you really know your stuff! I read your review and I reckon it sounds like a great time but I know the HEAT would have absolutely destroyed me and I prolly wouldn't been able to enjoy the show much (or so I will keep telling myself).

    1:49 PM  
    Blogger aLexandra Mero said...

    I was at Hillside.. only on Friday though. But after reading that review, I really wish weekend passes hadn't sold out as fast as they did

    ..next year

    2:27 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home