Tuesday, July 25, 2006

your ass looks fat in your trendy jeans

  • Oasis are releasing a 2-disc Greatest Hits collection in November. Noel Gallagher exposed as a dirty liar and hypocrite.
  • Lily Allen says sorry for encouraging drug use.
  • The Concretes lead singer has left the band.
  • In addition to making the cover of the latest issue of NME, Pete Doherty is working on a solo album, a new Babyshambles album, and getting clean.
  • I dont consider myself TOO critical but I'm not too keen on the new Kasabian single "Empire" and the new Scissor Sisters song is a bit, er, much.
  • The Raconteurs new video for "Hands". It's really cute.
  • CBC reflects on Britain’s 'Top of the Pops'.
  • This has just been kinda bugging me lately... I am of the opinion that skinny jeans don't look good on 95% of the women wearing them today (major exceptions being Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham and people who are stick-thin like them). Any woman with hips just ends up looking like an upside down triangle ("Mom jeans" style) and it's not pretty - Don't feel bad tho, even Mischa Barton can't pull it off!
  • Not everything in the news is bad. (Unless you're a bear I guess.)
  • OH and I GOT A JOB working in the marketing industry. I start in a few weeks and I'm really excited about it! I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with this blog (since my workdays will be like 11 hours long with the commute) but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
  • 14 Comments:

    Blogger modernmod said...

    How about boys in skinny jeans?

    1:19 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Boys always have and always will look good in skinny jeans.

    1:20 PM  
    Blogger modernmod said...

    PHEW!! Now that I am rock snob approved I won't be throwing out my sass & bides, material boys and cheap mondays.

    1:23 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm just waiting it out until boot cuts return to fashion.

    2:01 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the job! As for the blog, I don't know how you put it together now, but I find that an RSS aggregator and social bookmarking helped make me more efficient.

    2:09 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Congrats on the job Miss Val - 11 hours though is rather a cripenut...

    And I never noticed but...the skinny jeans on the wrong person DO tend to make that upside-down triangle look - the observer you are...

    3:59 PM  
    Blogger Janice said...

    Congrats on the job, Valerie!

    4:14 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so glad to hear you got a marketing job, good luck! I'm wondering how I'll have time to keep up my blog now too.

    4:25 PM  
    Blogger Steve said...

    Congrats Miss Valerie!!! About time, right? They're lucky to have you...

    - Steve

    6:38 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    victoria beckham looks like a mutant. she looks good in nothing. someone needs to get her a good meal.

    7:07 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    modernmod - Yeah you best keep rockin em boy!

    scriptgrrl - yeah its definitely a more flattering fit for my curves!

    karl - Thank you! And you're right in that if I continue blogging I'll prolly have to find a more effective way of doing so rather than visiting every website I like on a daily basis (which takes me like over an hour).

    Brad/Penguin - Thank you. And yes, despite being the least fashionable person ever, I'm still always the first to criticize.

    Janice - Thanks babe!

    torr - Thanks! And congrats to you too! Let me know what you come up with (in terms of finding time) cos I'll be looking for suggestions.d...

    Steve - Thanks! I'm quite pleased to have found something at a place that really wanted me (instead of me just wanting a job).

    Anonymous - I actually wish I had her will-power. Seriously. Imagine how much it much suck to be rich enough to eat anything you wanted but be able to DENY yourself of everything... Such sacrifice to be thin (one I definitely couldn't make).

    8:41 PM  
    Blogger kat said...

    Congrats on the job! But do NOT stop blogging!

    I too am not crazy about the new Kasabian single. Very underwhelming.

    12:23 PM  
    Blogger Valerie said...

    Kat - Thanks! And as for the blog I'll try to do what I can.
    And I'm with you on the Kasabian single - quite a disappointment in my opinion.

    11:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    great to hear the good news about the job val, you kick ass.

    -markus

    10:28 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home