Thursday, July 20, 2006

a reconciliation

  • Former Libertines Pete Doherty and Carl Barat reunited at a London pub on Tuesday. Apparently we have Kate Moss and Lisa Moorish to thank.
  • The Guardian has a brilliant interview with Cerys Matthews today. The "Britpop legend" also announced a UK tour this fall.
  • Franz Ferdinand's video for "Eleanor Put Your Boots On" Oh they're so artsy. Hey has anyone else noticed that I've written about Franz like everyday for the past two weeks?
  • Culture Bully has the new Sloan single. I've always liked Sloan.
  • The new Outkast song sounds kinda familiar... Evidence?
  • Kabasian's cover art for the new album 'Empire' is, er, interesting.
  • Old pictures have turned up of Lily Allen flashing her boobs while on a bender IN REHAB a few years ago. That's badass.
  • Popjustice have announced their £20 Music Prize shortlist. Is it sad this list excites me more than the Mercury prize?
  • The only person I didn't want to win Canada's Next Top Model won the damn thing last night.
  • Very funny.
  • Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy) being punk'd. Wow. Whatta bitch.
  • Just a reminder that I'm still looking for a JOB! If you know of any Communications positions in non-profit, media/entertainment, or at any company that doesn't do evil things, please let me know! I've got marketing, PR, fundraising (non-profit), event planning and administrative experience. I'm a catch goddamnit!
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Honey said...

    I noticed the Franz love. And I love it...

    11:51 AM  
    Blogger wonderbug said...

    what do you guys think of the new sloan?
    very retro...and, it's nice to see jay get a lead single (but, i guess we still don't know if this is the reall first single).

    ps - valerie....leave me a message on myspace [http://www.myspace.com/wonderbug05]and i'll give you my work email address....i can forward you some marketing job postings i've seen recently.

    11:58 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    new strident zend is currently available on texasgigs.com, please, check it out.

    3:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home